Beautiful

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Yes, I was looking for Record Ace 12, this is big-Bro but maybe '85+ given the all Shimano I'd have thought. I'm pondering.....
It should have a Golden Arrow groupset, the original 105 first released in 1982. It has 600EX (Released 1983) mechs, cranks, gear levers and the wrong pedals. Better spec just not original, Raleigh could have changed the spec though.

I ought to say, not being in the "Inn" tonight gave me a chance to dally on ebay, searching "Vintage Bike" seemed to bring up a lot of exotic bikes amongst the semi-dross at the moment. It's a sad fact that a lot of homes/garages are being cleared at this time as "that generation" of people who bought/cherished/ignored, special bikes , are passing on to new pastures it would seem. Momento Mori

I ought to say, not being in the "Inn" tonight gave me a chance to dally on ebay, searching "Vintage Bike" seemed to bring up a lot of exotic bikes amongst the semi-dross at the moment. It's a sad fact that a lot of homes/garages are being cleared at this time as "that generation" of people who bought/cherished/ignored, special bikes , are passing on to new pastures it would seem. Momento Mori
Old bike is useless to most of the younger generation. When I snuff it mine will be landfill.

Yes possible as my Record Ace 12 had more Campag on it than the spec in the brochure you posted said. I bought late 81 or early 82 for the Record Ace 12 and my memory says more of my spec was Campagnolo..... could be dementia though!

Yes possible as my Record Ace 12 had more Campag on it than the spec in the brochure you posted said. I bought late 81 or early 82 for the Record Ace 12 and my memory says more of my spec was Campagnolo..... could be dementia though!
As far as I know the Record Ace only came with Gran Sport mechs and levers. Early ones 27" wheel centre pulls, later 700c side pulls.

Back