Beautiful components...

poweredbypies":3evw84cx said:
Yetidh9":3evw84cx said:
It could also be the Scania crank. The crank is now the logo of the Scania trucks (think of that evry time a truck drives past you an the road... :)

The crank is from the end of 1800 and became a logo for the trucks in the beginning of the 1900s

That I did not know. The same shape has also been used for several saab wheels aswell.

I'm sure Saab & Scania used to be part of the same group with the Griffin in their logo.
I used to have an ally framed Bianchi and I could just sit there admiring the frame and welds for hours

Sorry, the Delta brakes do nothing for me............what I remember all those years ago were chromed sloping crown forks :D

Shaun

Agree on hollow shifters (Hurret and Simplex too). Would also add (in no particular order) Gipiemme spoon shifters; 1989 Chorus (all of it); Gipiemme crono cranks; Royce cranks; Suntour superbe (all of it); TA Axix light BBs & Cyclotouriste chainsets; Stronglight A9 headsets; Nitto (we are not worthy); Suntour XC seatposts and pedals (Cyclone too); Brooks beaten copper rivets;Dia compe gran compe brakes; OMAS big sliding; Mavic 501s; Shimano 600 ax stems and ex headsets ....

Hang on: this post is worthless without pics. Tomorrow's job.

As mentioned above, the Suntour Superbe Pro group. I'm halfway through putting a set together and received this beautiful chainset in the post yesterday. Has anyone got either a 5200/5300 or the later SB00 accushift rear mech kicking around they want shot of?

Attachments

• Suntour-Superbe-Pro.jpg
    Suntour-Superbe-Pro.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 771
The suntour superb pro stuff does indeed look lovely, shame genuinely good manufacturers never had the credit or kudos because of the big 'S' or 'C' swamping the market with their mega budgets.

Many thanks for that, a fascinating read. When I first got into cycling (198:cool: I bought a Ron Kitching catalogue and it was full of nice-looking SunTour stuff. Then I started going into bike shops and everything was Shimano.

And they sold the tooling for scrap!!!! :shock:

Thanks, good read. I remember suntour mainly for their great looking bmx stuff in the 80's. I seem to remember it was well respected and colourful !
Shawn.

Midlife":xnjlnbs2 said:
Sorry, the Delta brakes do nothing for me............what I remember all those years ago were chromed sloping crown forks.

ahem...for the haters:

repaint_front.jpg

deltas.jpg

Back