BBC future?

xerxes":1imffir5 said:
.....It used to annoy me that my friend payed £35.00 a year for his tax disc, whereas it was £210.00 for my older car. He drove about 25,000 miles each year whereas the most I've ever driven in a year is about 1,500 miles. He would therefore be producing far more CO2 than me despite his "cleaner" engine.

Which is where taxation on petrol comes in..... polluter pays principle ;)

G

I think this is nothing new to most of us, before the states, my daily work ride was a motor bike and in jams and heavy cities ...the two wheels paid dividends

Go onto busy roads where cage drivers are and when they get stuck in traffic many do get enraged about the traffic, get jealous two wheels can get through and then the two wheel person is the cause of their frustration. I've ridden down motorways filtering when traffic is at a standstill and often seen drivers look in their mirrors,see two wheels filtering through then deliberatly close a gap they can't use so no one else can

i think/feel it's a "british thing" we rarely think..good on them, at least someone is having a good day...instead we seem to think either we have a "right" to have what others have or a mentatlity where we think "If I ain't having it nor are they"

trouble also is the tax thing..still wouldn't make a slightest bit of difference because the same people saying bikes should pay tax would now just say, you should pay the same as me in tax

Britian largely is a two wheel road unfriendly country and that's unlikely to change

funny how the artical pointed out to me why i was so annoyed at not being able to read it in the first place :)

sylus":3ps7oed1 said:
i think/feel it's a "british thing" we rarely think..good on them, at least someone is having a good day...instead we seem to think we have a "right" to have what others have

Next time I can't get past on my bike because a car is intentionally blocking my way I might just lock my bike to a lamp post and hop in his car to keep warm and dry until he moves out of my way!!! :LOL:

Latest posts

Back