1994.6 Battle Tomahawk MBA Review

Review Battle Tomahawk!!!!!!!

• Publication
  • Mountain Bike Action
Hi Les,

Chris Chance often didn't speak out loud what tubing he used. In case of my Yo it is custom True Temper OX3. Chris did use Tange for particular models/forks in the late eighties.

Re:

Hi All,

If anyone is feeling particularly sentimental about the Battle Tomahawk and wishes to own one (again), let me know...I've got one sitting for the last decade or two in a garage in Colorado. Unlike Less's, it's the carbon rear/carbon front model, and I think it's a rather small size (16")--it was always tiny for me, but as a teenage I thought it was coolest thing ever (so tried to make it fit me). I bought it for a song when it was about 2 years used from a good customer that frequented the shop I worked in. It never did fit me, but I always loved it and seeing people's reaction to it. I've got a bunch of parts that are either still on the frame (King wheel set [at least the front], Kooka cranks & stem, gravity research brakes, onza HO pedals, slasa ti skewers, paul's levers, etc.) or in a box next to it--I collected anodized shinny stuff in 1996-8 for that ride while working at Bike Shop Bill's (Aspen Park, CO). Here's to hoping that I might see one of my favorite old bikes go from laughable out-dated-junk status to genuine collectable item.

I have no idea what it might be worth--according to http://rjs.org/builders.html the company only produced some 50 frames/bikes over two years.

Thanks for posting the link to the MBA back issue with company's write up!

Hi All,

Some pictures of my 1995 Battle Tomahawk (size 16")--it has some eclectic components on it, some highlights include:
Kooka Cranks
Kooka Chainrings
Kooka Stem
Kooks Brake Levers
Gravity Research Pipe Dreams (one is cracked)
Joes Components Brake Hanger
Chris King front Hub
Kore Seatpost
Bontrager/Titec (pre-Trek) Ti HB
Bontrager/Titec (pre-Trek) Mag Barends
Rock Shox Mag 21 (extended travel)

https://share.shutterfly.com/action/wel ... bVm1cM3Dkw

PM if interested in purchasing.

Re:

I like this brand.
I searched and found a Battle NOS rear triangle in carbon / aluminum to make or Up grade frame.
It was for my Titus / AMP B2.
But ultimately it's for B5?
I think Battle made a model with this back.

Attachments

• 7FC1ECC6-A050-4DE7-9FA6-9608A8D6658A.jpeg
    7FC1ECC6-A050-4DE7-9FA6-9608A8D6658A.jpeg
    17.1 KB · Views: 2,065
  • 03AD3533-269E-4E18-96BE-DD73268FD916.jpeg
    03AD3533-269E-4E18-96BE-DD73268FD916.jpeg
    25.1 KB · Views: 2,065
Back