Basso Ascot 53cm Columbus MS Multishape Frameset NOW SOLD

Griggsy

Retro Guru
Selling this beautiful Columbus Multishape steel-framed Basso Ascot on. NOW SOLD

Really rare, distinctive tube set (same as the one used for the original Cinelli Laser) and peak '90's colour scheme!

The MS tubing is quite beautiful and was something I looked for a long time to find in this size. The Ascot was Basso's top of the line steel model in the early 1990's, and sold in really bright colour schemes so became quite iconic.

It's a 53cm frame, comes with Stronglight headset installed, and Italian Bottom Bracket threading. It takes a 25mm seatpost.

Negatives: the paint is far from perfect: the non drive side rear triangle has really faded in the sun (happens a lot with fluo paint), it's most noticeable when looking at the bike from the back from the non-drive side.

Because of the paint colour it's hard to photograph, but there are also lots of chips from it being locked up-I'm not sure if these have been touched up or if it's paint discolouration. I think it's fair to say that they aren't so visible from say 6ft but up close they are obvious. I thought about repainting it but in the end the paint didn't bother me and I preferred to ride it as it is without worrying about keeping it 'perfect' but someone might prefer to do this as a project.

The chrome is also intact and looks ok, if quite dull-someone has obviously used steel wool to clean the forks at some time too. As can be seen, there is some damage to the Basso stickers which are not under the lacquer. There is also a small dent on the top tube which is not so obvious but I have also tried to picture. So, a bit tired but still serviceable.

NOW SOLD

Would like £275 + post uk or could swap for an interesting steel cross frame in 54-55cm

Re: Basso Ascot 53cm Columbus MS Multishape Frameset

Sounds good to me message me on 07533 510512

Back