Barn Find

The story goes like this...
I bought the complete household from my good friend who left Belgium to start a new life in Thailand.
He was a close and dear friend of Charles, the previous owner of Café De Trappisten in Westmalle, the hometown of Frans Mintjes.
Frans sold or gave this bike to Charles who in return gave it as a birthday present to my friend... All this happened in the mid-eighties but he cannot remember the exact year.

Wow, that's amazing news making it even more special. What country/city are you and how did you manage to find it? Noticed that there's a sticker on the top tube, can you post a picture of it👍

This is Eddy with one of his Aero Bikes .

View attachment 787886
I live in Belgium, close to Antwerp ;-)
Pictures of the sticker will follow but I have to ask someone.

Wow, that's amazing news making it even more special. What country/city are you and how did you manage to find it? Noticed that there's a sticker on the top tube, can you post a picture of it👍

This is Eddy with one of his Aero Bikes .

View attachment 787886
The top tube is just about the only round tube in the frame.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-10-17 at 20.02.31.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-10-17 at 20.02.31.jpeg
    106.3 KB · Views: 8
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-10-17 at 20.02.21.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-10-17 at 20.02.21.jpeg
    94.4 KB · Views: 8
The story goes like this...
I bought the complete household from my good friend who left Belgium to start a new life in Thailand.
He was a close and dear friend of Charles, the previous owner of Café De Trappisten in Westmalle, the hometown of Frans Mintjes.
Frans sold or gave this bike to Charles who in return gave it as a birthday present to my friend... All this happened in the mid-eighties but he cannot remember the exact year.
I see that Loenhout is just north of Westmalle so maybe an agent for Eddy Merckx cycles🤔 The E6607 frame number dates it to 1982-3, are there any other numbers or letters on the bottom bracket?

download (1).jpeg download.jpeg download (2).jpeg

Back