Bargain jump/trials/dual bike NOW SOLD

markwashington

Senior Retro Guru
I bought this around 10 months ago and spent a very happy summer pootling around and occasionally crashing but I've realised now that I'm simply too old for jumping so I'm going to pass it on and hope someone else enjoys it over the summer.

The details are as follows:

DDG Blackjack jump/dual/trials frame (it's basically a heavier duty shooter). The frame is obviously marked and scuffed but there are absolutely no dents or cracks, this frame is built to last.
Marzocchi Bomber Z1 forks, they've got 2001 plastered all over them and a Mg arch, not sure what Z1's they are though but there are no marks to the stantions and they still squelch like they should, off the top of my head, I think they have 120mm travel.
Mavic D521 rims on deore rear and B1 front hubs, They run pretty true and have a reasonable amount of life left.
Shimano STX cranks and shifters, the LH shifter is busted but the right works fine, for some reason they have no bottom caps.
Avid brake levers, LX brake arms and Tektro boosters, these work fine, the brake levers are mismatched (SD1.9 and AD1.0) but the pads have a reasonable level of life left in them.
Other assorted parts include Amoeba stem, Azonic bar, some form of Shimano front and rear mechs, a DCD Mr Crud (which needs a new rubber thing) and Odyssey shark bite pedals (massive shin killers) which could probably do with a rebuild. There's no seat as this was a casualty of my last off and the chain is pretty rusty.

I feel like I've been brutally honest about the bike, as it is you could jump on it and ride it away (providing you don't want to use the LH shifter) but with a bit of TLC and for well under a ton this could be a great present or a not-so-sensible project.

What do you need to give me to receive such a specimen in return well, the princely sum of £50 if you're prepared to pick it up (from Heathfield, Brighton or anywhere in between) or £70 if you want it posted (this takes into account Paypal fees, and me having to get a bike box from somewhere). If you do want it posted I probably won't be able to get it out till next week, but in that time I will make sure it is well wrapped.

Please reply on the thread first and then follow this up with a pm, I feel that this is the fairest way to do business on a forum like this.

Here are a few pics, if you want more please ask and I will do my best to provide.

Attachments

• IMAG0381.jpg
    IMAG0381.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 184
  • IMAG0382.jpg
    IMAG0382.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 184
Re:

Hi bud, Very much interested with a strong potential dibs, does it have a rear disc mount as you can't tell from the photo?

Re: Bargain jump/trials/dual bike

Absolute bargain. Good luck with the sale. The future owner will be very happy. If I had the spare room I would have happily snapped this up

Back