Bar slippage, help required.

im glad we agree.i reckon it would polish up well,i stuck it on there for buy now for a laugh,opportunism
really,its got nothing to do with cycl :LOL: :LOL: mind you but good luck to dean and hope the
your shim works :idea:

Re:

v good. any humour is better than none
i was up in liverpool the other day
and i went out and got off with this bird
aye tina her name was.
i noticed a blk uniform
hung on the door. it had 3 stripes on it
in the morning she said 'do you fancy a fry?'
what?
a fry a breky ?
i said no,
and then her eyes started watering,and tears started flowing down her cheeks?
i said...

mm there is a punch line if any one wants it :roll:

deanhempshall":au6xt1to said:
I have a cinelli Gios panto stem (26.4mm) which has a single bolt & uses an internal wedge clamp design. I fitted my 26.0mm 3ttt bars with a coke can shim (2 pieces) & can't get it to clamp tight enough, the bars keep slipping with any amount of weight on them. The stem has been degreased & rebuilt with grease only on parts that are required.

Any ideas other than changing the bars or stem?
Hi Dean,
Modern carbon assembly paste - with little plastic particles - between stem and bars works wonders with those CInelli 1/R stems (or any other stem).

Gazelleer":ftdf9rkl said:
deanhempshall":ftdf9rkl said:
I have a cinelli Gios panto stem (26.4mm) which has a single bolt & uses an internal wedge clamp design. I fitted my 26.0mm 3ttt bars with a coke can shim (2 pieces) & can't get it to clamp tight enough, the bars keep slipping with any amount of weight on them. The stem has been degreased & rebuilt with grease only on parts that are required.

Any ideas other than changing the bars or stem?
Hi Dean,
Modern carbon assembly paste - with little plastic particles - between stem and bars works wonders with those CInelli 1/R stems (or any other stem).

Thanks, ive reassembled using the cinelli bars, they feel a bit better with the centaur levers than they did with dia comp levers so I'll tape them up and see how they are on a ride.

I've given up on trying to shim my 26.0 bars in my panto'ed 26.4 stem. The beer can shim just gets crushed and the bars turn and slip.

I'm waiting for a nice 26.4 Cinelli handlebar.

Back