Badger Cull.

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":u81hd8gr said:
Mange is treatable . Putting the cure in their food you put out helps Neil

Mike
I tried that in the past Mike, but the trouble is that they don't visit every single day, and also other animals, including badgers may get to the food first.

NeilM":12yjv2fk said:
Mike Muz 67":12yjv2fk said:
Mange is treatable . Putting the cure in their food you put out helps Neil

Mike
I tried that in the past Mike, but the trouble is that they don't visit every single day, and also other animals, including badgers may get to the food first.

Fair enough mate .

Mike

NeilM":1i8it4jd said:
Mike Muz 67":1i8it4jd said:
Didn't realise sparrowhawks went for anything that big though .
I have seen 'our' Sparrowhawk go after blackbirds a few times, and although I did not see the attack, from the spread of feathers in my front garden, it was pretty clear what had happened as cats tend not to pluck their prey, plus, none of the local overfed and rotund felines would have had a chance to get close.

That is an interesting thought Flyer, but unfortunately, the countryside is not a pretty green place full of wildlife and nice walks / views, it is a production plant, and what it produces is food, and that will always take priority, because there is nothing more important than humans.

We can travel sixty miles as the crow flies from our old house before crossing a public road, and barely encounter a human being, and next to no conventionally farmed livestock. I know it is unusual, but there is no one size fits all policy to manage our wildlife, and there is definitely a place for emotive arguments based on mass perceptions of creatures many objectively considering them have never encountered.

highlandsflyer":2fkoohhg said:
NeilM":2fkoohhg said:
Mike Muz 67":2fkoohhg said:
Didn't realise sparrowhawks went for anything that big though .
I have seen 'our' Sparrowhawk go after blackbirds a few times, and although I did not see the attack, from the spread of feathers in my front garden, it was pretty clear what had happened as cats tend not to pluck their prey, plus, none of the local overfed and rotund felines would have had a chance to get close.

That is an interesting thought Flyer, but unfortunately, the countryside is not a pretty green place full of wildlife and nice walks / views, it is a production plant, and what it produces is food, and that will always take priority, because there is nothing more important than humans.

We can travel sixty miles as the crow flies from our old house before crossing a public road, and barely encounter a human being, and next to no conventionally farmed livestock. I know it is unusual, but there is no one size fits all policy to manage our wildlife, and there is definitely a place for emotive arguments based on mass perceptions of creatures many objectively considering them have never encountered.

Now THAT is the kind of area I'd like to live in ! But it looks like I may need my passport to go there in future .

Happy weekend all , about to ride to work . Before riding some of todays ToB stage , then home . :cool:

Mike

Back