bad taste?

Re: Re:

kermitgreenkona88":13hcmf25 said:
Well I can't help it if you all wish to support profiteering scum
I wonder then, if you are happy to include Charlie Hebdo themselves as "profiteering scum" (your words)? After all, they chose to run off 3m copies of a circulation which normally struggled to sell 30,000 copies. Why?

Like it or not, it's the way the world works. People want to feel they are involved in history, and are prepared to pay for it. An example closer to home for you...compare the price of a 'regular' Specialized FSR, then compare the price of one reportedly owned by JMC.

Re: Re:

kermitgreenkona88":273rs9uu said:
So were all the ones the Nazi's stole off the Jews I bet they would have ended up on eBay had it existed in the day, I know this may be an extreme example but, greedy vultures piss me off :!: :!: :!:

One important difference is that these editions being auctioned off are presumably not stolen.

I really don't see how my opinion that there is no moral outrage in testing the market for these legitimately acquired tribute copies is somehow supporting profiteering scum.

Tut tut!

It is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay.

How much more is a john lenon owned guitar or jmc specialized worth over a similar example.

People have profitted from othets misfortune since day 0, not that i ever would.

PS is anyone interested in a turin shroud, one previous owner.

Back