Back to square one(Ebike content)

Its a medium too(at least on that ad) and unfortunately Im a giant.
But again its just too long and I think i'd struggle.

Though it makes me wonder as to how long it will be before they start making framesets available without motor/battery.

I think my only option, at least to give me the spec I want, is to buy something from Focus, like the Jam2 6.8 Nine or a Giant 2020 Trance E+ 2 Pro or Giant Reign E+ 2 Pro.

Today someone rode past my window on an Emtb and with a trailer. Which was suggested to me earlier, but I was too smitten with the big cargo idea :oops:

Would essentially give you two bikes in one - a great eMTB and a trailer when you have a lot of stuff to carry.

I am often baffled why people buy cargo bikes for carrying small children as ankle biters grow quickly and will likely want to be riding their own bikes within a few years. On a per ride basis, I'd be surprised if the economics stack up.

Re:

Dyna, build your own trailer. There are several free trailer plans on the net and with your carpentry skills you could make one bespoke to your own spec. You could also make the trailer the e powered bit so it would push the bike. A trailer could cope with heavy and thus cheap lead acid batteries. There are many ways to solve the situation with an inventive mind.

Absolutely V, a good idea. But i cant weld, and maybe using fittings and alloy tubing leaves a prob of maybe needing to bend or shape it.

Worth a look all the same. Any links you've found look promising ?.

And theres another reason for a 29er sus.
Truth is I've never rode a full sus :oops: and 29er is a better suited size and shape for us in the 6'+ range. Certainly wouldnt mind at least getting something along those lines before my riding days are done.

greencat":2d9rhdfy said:
Would essentially give you two bikes in one - a great eMTB and a trailer when you have a lot of stuff to carry.

I am often baffled why people buy cargo bikes for carrying small children as ankle biters grow quickly and will likely want to be riding their own bikes within a few years. On a per ride basis, I'd be surprised if the economics stack up.
Depends, those very few i know with them in the city carry kids from age 0 (well, almost) through to about 8 or 9. School/nursery and back, shops and back, grandparents and back. Probably used 4 or 5 return journeys a week, for 8 or 9 years. (obviously dependent on how big a cargo bike you bought! And what you actually bought it for...)

There's also a massive market here for them second hand.

Re:

Dyna, go to Carry Freedom.Com which makes trailers. Go to their Bamboo Trailer page from their menu. The bamboo trailer that has a link to free plans need not be built of bamboo. You can build it out of whatever you have and it requires absolutely no welding. I have used a cargo trailer of a similar design to the bamboo one in the past. It's amazing how much weight and kit you can shift around ;)

Back