Back to NZ today!

Re:

Hey guys! I'm here in Auckland, its about midday, overcast but warm, I feel like crap though, caught a bit if a cold on Sunday, feeling a bit rough but hopefully it'll only take another day or so to sort out.

The reason I came back are several. Last year I had been made redundant, so I had my month in the Alps riding as a consolation prize, when I got back I went straight back to the bikes trade no problem, but there was loads of part time work but no full time, then by the end of October the work was drying up as the season came to an end, also I split up with my girlfriend, so I emailed a friend in NZ and next thing I knew I was there and working, the plan was to come back and maybe start my own repair business but it didn't happen because I came back too late in the year, I'd also been offered a job with reasonable money for the biketrade, all was going well but I got frustrated with the owner, lovely bloke but disorganised to point of an argument where I said "sod it! You've made the decision easy, I'm going back to NZ!" I had told it was a possibility as my boss in NZ had emailed me about it so it wasn't completely out of the blue.

Thus year though I will be doing 4 months, I was hoping to be here for the start if November but the visa office dragged their feet from 10 days to 45! Idiots. As a result I'll be back mid march, I had planned on stopping at NAHBS 2016 in Sacramento on the way home but I can't now, was also gonna tap up Pat and Charlie for some more riding but I have to back in England asap after finishing work as I intend to start my business when I return.

I will do my best to post ride pics, I have my laptop with me this time so should be a lot easier, the basic tablet was a nightmare!

Re:

You know, Jon, I have a place for you to sleep for free if you stopped here on your way back next Spring. Leave 2 days early and we could do Repack while you were here...

Re:

Hey Pat, I really appreciate the offer! And I would love to but unfortunately it's a case of time more than cost. That may change I'll be in touch like a shot if it does!

Latest posts

Back