Azonic DS1 fitted to Marzocchi Shiver SC

This is the latest update. The bike spent some time in the workshop as there was an issue with rebound. Today we have fixed the issue.

Finally it seems to be complete now, but I'm thinking about changing tires, pedals to silver and seatpost to straight one. And I'm also looking for a better Marzocchi axle solution, the current one is absolutely annoying. Maybe there is an improved substitute.

Attachments

• IMG_9598.jpeg
    IMG_9598.jpeg
    482.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_9608.jpeg
    IMG_9608.jpeg
    415.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_9607.jpeg
    IMG_9607.jpeg
    535.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_9606.jpeg
    IMG_9606.jpeg
    454.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_9604.jpeg
    IMG_9604.jpeg
    605.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_9603.jpeg
    IMG_9603.jpeg
    613.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_9601.jpeg
    IMG_9601.jpeg
    595 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_9600.jpeg
    IMG_9600.jpeg
    571 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_9599.jpeg
    IMG_9599.jpeg
    562.7 KB · Views: 26
This is the latest update. The bike spent some time in the workshop as there was an issue with rebound. Today we have fixed the issue.

Finally it seems to be complete now, but I'm thinking about changing tires, pedals to silver and seatpost to straight one. And I'm also looking for a better Marzocchi axle solution, the current one is absolutely annoying. Maybe there is an improved substitute.
What is the problem with the axle?

I think the problem is more with me than with the axle. The axle works as it was designed, but time flights and better solutions were developed afterwards (e.g. 20mm axle from BOS Idylle or Deville).

The original axle is imprecise and unanodized and requires some grease, otherwise doesn't want to come our easy. Quite often I use my car’s trunk to carry a bike into some nice place, hence I prefer axles that are easy and clean in operation.

@kraeMit , thanks for your post, I see there are precise and anodized axles available in your store. That's perfect!

Last edited:
The original axle is imprecise and unanodized and requires some grease, otherwise doesn't want to come our easy. Quite often I use my car’s trunk to carry a bike into some nice place, hence I prefer axles that are easy and clean in operation.

@kraeMit , thanks for your post, I see there are precise and anodized axles available in your store. That's perfect!
Yeah, I had some forks with older axles that got stuck and when they became rare I decided to do some myself including anodizing.
I'm always open for giving some RetroBike discount. 🤙

There are some other parts you can use for your SHIVER like knobs, I also created 3D models of the protector guards and will do some red/black/silver top caps and a project is running about a lot of Marzochi foot nuts.

I just bought one myself and I think I will do stickers also, the one aon the market are very costly.

Attachments

• Marzocchi SHIVER DC 2002.jpg
    Marzocchi SHIVER DC 2002.jpg
    603.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Yeah, I had some forks with older axles that got stuck and when they became rare I decided to do some myself including anodizing.
I'm always open for giving some RetroBike discount. 🤙

There are some other parts you can use for your SHIVER like knobs, I also created 3D models of the protector guards and will do some red/black/silver top caps and a project is running about a lot of Marzochi foot nuts.

I just bought one myself and I think I will do stickers also, the one aon the market are very costly.
You do a great job for our small community. Definitely I'll visit your store and buy some sweets :)

I think, in case of using Shiver SC would be great if some aftermarket brake cable guides would be available. Like these below:

1672584196122.png

I really like that, you've done a great job. Love the single speed, such a clean look.

I also built a DS1 with Shivers a few years ago.
p5pb21312179.jpg

Back