Aviemore weekender with a MUNRO! - outline thoughts

keithyr

MacRetro Rider
Might be difficult squeezing this in this year as really needs decent weather but being up in aviemore again has given me an idea for a weekend epic.

Outline thoughts
Drive up Friday night
Stay in the aviemore bunkhouse for 2 nights
Saturday epic - bynack more by bike route description below http://www.trailscotland.co.uk/forums/v ... f=5&t=6828
Sunday morning - badaguish singletrack exploration

Would need a decent group to make it worthwhile and will need a bit of planning. August we have the oor wullie bucket day and September we have the macduro. October will be pushing it as chances of cloud free munros will be slim. So may be a spring 2017 ride.

Any interest in this or thoughts?

Re:

Keith, it's Scotland. Chances of a cloud free Munro are always slim!
October can often be pretty good, wouldn't write it off just yet.

Re:

It's a dream to ride in a place like this but looks like it's a modern full suss job :?

Re:

I'm a mibee, work situation dependent.

M-Power, its perfectly possible to ride retro if a bit punishing so why not a retro full susser or a fat bike :D

Sounds like a plan :)
I don't currently have my retro so it would be 1X1 for me if that is allowed.

Jamie

Jamiedyer":3568y1lp said:
Sounds like a plan :)
I don't currently have my retro so it would be 1X1 for me if that is allowed.

Jamie

Of course.
Retro preferred for those that have one, but bring what you have, if you don't.

bynack more is a fine hill, the path turns to hill cobbles after the (white ?) bridge, lovely ride in from Glenmore until that point. two major shoves, not long after the bridge and then from the plateau to the top pictured

050 by gmac123, on Flickr

Just a though, CBM has a landy track to near the top with an option to easily carry onto Sgurr Gaoith. The singletrack decent off both hills is pretty darn good

http://www.mtbtrails.info/Trail_Venue.a ... eNumber=14

Good thing about the area is that is the cloud is low and the wind is high, there's plenty of sheltered riding in the neighbourhood.

Back