Australian Events and Rides - Melbourne, VIC

misteroo":2gijag78 said:
.....oh...and do you come across many scary creatures over there?

:shock:

I've:

* Run over a 6' Red Kangaroo's tail
* Ridden through a few Redback webs on the trail
* had a Wasp fly into my DH helmet & sting me on the noggin
* Been bitten on the knee by a Bull Ant while digging a DH track kicker into the side of a gully
* Cut an unfortunate 5' Tiger snake (or Brown, they're impossible to tel apart) in half by monoing over it on my 40 lb DH bike (only managed to get the front wheel off the ground in time :oops: )

Sooo... Not much to report really.

Pfennig":3bayan4a said:
So you went for the KHS then! Pick it up for a reasonable price? when does it arrive?

probably pick it up this weekend from the chap, got some nice kit on it and the reviews i've read seem favourable.

Anyone fancy a lazy Lyster bimble on Sunday? I want to try out the new bike and it would be good to catch up in decent weather for a change.

BTW, I was looking at a future run to Lake Mountain, and Buxton the other night and it looks rather tasty up there. Maybe give it a month or two to dryout and I reckon November will be lush up there.

http://sites.google.com/site/murrindindicycleclub/trails-maps--rides

Sunday
Mostly cloudy
Min: 6°C Max: 19°C
UV: Moderate

skinnyboy":ftq9sxbi said:
Anyone fancy a lazy Lyster bimble on Sunday? I want to try out the new bike and it would be good to catch up in decent weather for a change...

Sounds good. I'll arrange a leave pass... :roll:

The SS has been asking when we were going out on our next date...

hehe they call from the back room, "ride me ...."

Got the Ritchey stem today for the Marin, fitted it and its totally changed the front end, feels less tiller like and more darty now.

Theres a new trail at Lyster but not sure if its open yet to be called Follow Me I think.

So Sunday, nice and early you reckon?

I'll be on this abomination on Sunday....

6157617662_517a9b567c_b.jpg

Modern.... I don't love it yet...

A new stem? Less tiller like?? It must be one of those fancy modern ones thats less than 150mm long!! hehe

Am working on getting the passport stamped for this weekend, I feel the SS whispering that it needs riding. Am I ok for the usual lift Skinny?

certainly mate I only give lifts to No Tails anyway haha

As for the stem, at a 105mm, its practically part of the headset ffs!

What time?, meet at Trailmix for 10-1030 usual cuppa and brekky first?

50/50 chance of making it this time, but I'll make the extra effort because i've missed too many rides lately!

Skinny, that KHS looks well nice, it gets me thinking I might need to add a bit of modern machinery to the stable! Currently still on my 96 Stumpy, will I be the only one riding Retro on Sunday? :shock:

Thanks Si, since I am used to riding childrens bikes, it feels mahoosive!! Going to take some getting used to the width and geometry i reckon. Hope you make it for Sunday fella, haven't seen ya for ages mate. I'll message Luban see if hes well enough.

Latest posts

Back