Are they worth anything?

yostumpy

Dirt Disciple
About 6 weeks ago we bought a Dawes Kickback two tandem, probably late 90's vintage, in VGC. Built up by SJS with some optional stuff apparently. Anyway, it came with,presumeably original Michelin Isatis ( pre wild gripper city?). As you can see these are gumwall, and look good enough to eat. We have since covered 570 km on the wee beasty, but decided to upgrade to some Schwalbe marathon greenguards. The tyres are quite old, tread is excellent, many thousands of miles left, sidewalls are good, but when you flex the removed tyre, the tread seems to have pulled away a tad in a very few places. I wouldn't hesitate to keep them for a pretty / retro build pub bike, but not for hurtling down a hill at close to 35mph on a tandem. are these worth anything.?

380423066_6530905056962690_3760570783737054059_n.jpg IMG_0705.JPG

ah, no they are not on the tandem any more, gone all Shwalbey, just wondered if any good to anyone for a pretty pub bike.. Guess not. Yes tis lovely' cheers.

There's a set of these on an ally framed Saracen at the local tip, glad they're not desirable else I'd have to rescue the bike & that wouldn't go down well (even if it's rocking a Cane Creek HS & Tioga 'bars I could find a use for lol)

Back