Apple's new iPad

Kestonian":kg40s3is said:
I'd much rather read a book.

Or maybe it's BECAUSE I use them so much that I'd rather read a book!

Now theirs an idea :D and a book doesn't need batteries

Looking at the video, I actually think that's quite a clunky interface. It would have made more sense if it scrolled, because that's something we're used to and can do without thinking about. "Turning a page" looks awkward to me.

The thing about a real book is you can turn more than one page at a time, just by feeling the thickness of the pages you have in your hand. You can stick a post-it note on a page you found interesting, and you'll always be able to return to it. You can even write notes in the margin of a book.

A touchscreen can't give any sort of haptic feedback like that. The best it can do is vibrate, which would just be annoying.

Keyboards and paper books work so well, they won't be leaving us anytime soon.

Tallpaul":39g15eyd said:
Running iWork, it would actually be all the home computer I need. I think I'll buy one.

keyboard_dock_1_20100127.jpg

lol

Hmm thinking about it I better pick one up . After all it'll be worth a few quid to the next generation of mac fan boys in 10 years time , if it turns out to be the massive flop that is being talked about :LOL:

alanf":a1hlzkpl said:
chris667":a1hlzkpl said:
Looking at the video.... The best it can do is vibrate, which would just be annoying.

that all depends on what book the mrs is reading! ;)

You'll notice I am classy enough to not mention it's wipe clean. :p

Back