Anyone up for riding Coed Y Brenin tomorrow?24/05?

Weekdays are usually fine only tend to work mon, fri, sat. Sure my boss would sort me a day off for some riding anyway. He's into mtbing but he needs to work on his skills. Bless him he cant even bunny hop :LOL:

jonnyboy666":1gqv8oc9 said:
can i blag a bed on thursday night and hit the trails with you on friday? :D

You certainly can. I'd suggest bringing some lager to pay for your bed and board though :D
We're riding Cwmcarn on our way up and should be at our house at around 6.
BBQ and beer by 6:30 ;)

marvelous, i'll give you a text to sort out details. :D :D

awesome ride today! :D :D you guys missed out! :D weather and riding was perfect! i decided to ride my ST4 here today, i usually ride my 07 clockwork but Andy from my Mayhem team is using it at the moment to get used to it before Mayhem as he usually only rides offroad on a cross bike :shock: but then he was Southern veteran Cross champion a few years ago!

anyway, the trails were fast and dry, i had the wrong tyres on today for Cannock though, i kept finding myself drifting towards the top lip of berms etc, even with the recent good weather i expected it to still be a little damp and muddy but it obviously dries out quickly. :cool: :cool: :D

so right now i am sat in the hotel bar with laptop and free wifi, some cute girls have just walked in so i'll do my best to get blown out like a candle later on after the second pint! :p

anyway, tomorrow is the dragons back trail at coed y brenin if anyone can blagg a day off work and is local!! :D

here's a pic from today at Cannock and also a mysterious card left in the hotel room!! :LOL:

Attachments

• massage.jpg
    massage.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 298
  • st4 at Cannock.jpg
    st4 at Cannock.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 298

Pop in for tea if you like :D
Sounds like you will all be passing my front door at some point :D
pm me if you like, i might be up for a ride friday afternoon?

so i've just finished the Dragons Back trail at Coed Y Brenin. :D

wether was perfect, being honest i would have preferred it a little colder!

hard today, was feeling knackered before i started! not sure why, not my legs so much as my upper body but i decided to hit this trail anyway. it's about 20 miles, doesn't seem far does it? but the hills are long and steep or technical and the downhills are over far too quickly but overall i do think it is a good route, i started to die a bit on the last climb but i made up for it on the last downhill by nailing it! :D it's a route where you feel like it doesn't let up, it's either hard going up or fast technical downhill.

here's some pics :D

Attachments

• st4 dragons back.jpg
    st4 dragons back.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 263
  • st4 dragons back 2.jpg
    st4 dragons back 2.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 263
  • st4 dragons back adams family.jpg
    st4 dragons back adams family.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 263
Iworked there for a season back in 2005 or 2006 after running the cycle shop in Dollgeu, can recomend an oggy(large lamb pasty) fron the pop t dref bakery (one with steps going down) and their stollen slices :D :D :D miss cycling back from workover tal y llyn pass to Corris. Happy days :cool: love the smell of the pine trees on a hot day :p

just noticed the massage card from Dolgellau, she's an older canadian lady, no saucyness, just proper massages only !

It looks wicked Jon......we should all get a day off when the weather turns good!.....1).....Cannock drains well as it is a huge glacial deposit and very porous.....2).....how was the 'massage'?.... ;)

Back