anyone play Board Games?

Those were the days! D&D, Gamma World, Top Secret, Traveler, Star Frontiers- there were so many!
Yes and Call of Cthulhu.
Used to love playing . Great deal of backstabbing and bizarre stuff from some of the players !
Last time I played was in 2019 with a couple of mates and their nephews. In D&D I always used to roll for a half elf ranger

Yes and Call of Cthulhu.
Used to love playing . Great deal of backstabbing and bizarre stuff from some of the players !
Last time I played was in 2019 with a couple of mates and their nephews. In D&D I always used to roll for a half elf ranger
OMG- Call of Cthulhu! I'd forgotten that- those were some weird afternoons/eveningso_O

Favourite son has Catan & a couple of expansions. I've not played it yet, though...
It’s basic - ish with luck involved but it’s competitive and gets me wound up! As there’s a piece called the robber - if you roll a 7 he comes into play and players use him to screw over others !

OMG- Call of Cthulhu! I'd forgotten that- those were some weird afternoons/eveningso_O
Back in the day before smartphones and nintendos !
Used to (and still do) read SciFi and fantasy - play D&D and go to earls court shows - especially car ones and computer fares.
How times change

Do you remember the outcry at the time about the dangers of youths using their imaginations to inhabit other worlds?!:LOL:

Do you remember the outcry at the time about the dangers of youths using their imaginations to inhabit other worlds?!:LOL:
Haha yes! And now they are devoid of imagination and spend every waking hour in virtual worlds and with their faces buried in their smartphones. I’ve noticed most younger people I come across (inc members of my family) are actually quite stupid. Not academically - but in terms of how they talk interact and communicate and their level of literacy - hardly any actually read literature anymore and would look at me as if I’m mad if I said I play board games and ride old mountain bikes

Back