Anyone know what this sadde is?

titch__16

Retro Guru
This was on an old Triumph I bought a while back, which I also know nothing about but I have since sold that. The only markings I can find on this are 'B 76' underneath the back part of the frame part, by the bag hooks. There was at some point a badge on the back but it wasn't there when I got it so I don't what it said.
I spent a few hours today cleaning the rust off and thought I'd try and get some info, so here's the pics.

saddle01.jpg
saddle02.jpg

saddle0.jpg
saddle03.jpg

saddlerear.jpg

Looks like one of the cheap Brooks ones from the late 60's. I might even have a replacement if you want - I can't remember if I binned it.

I'll do it for postage, but as you already know, it's no lightweight.

OK thanks :D, What could the B76 mean?

I had assumed it was a date stamp, but if it could be a 60's saddle, I guess it's not?

If it is Brooks, B76 would indicate the date of manufacture: 2nd quarter of 1976. Sounds like it is in the right place for a Brooks date stamp (on the metal cantle plate between the saddle bag loops).
Nick

titch__16":dopi6wbr said:
OK thanks :D, What could the B76 mean?

I had assumed it was a date stamp, but if it could be a 60's saddle, I guess it's not?

Brooks do a B67 saddle, not heard of a B76. Maybe some sort of part number stamp...

Back