Anyone ever seen a '97 Marin Team Titanium?

haggis

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Just wondering if any of these ever made it out. It is mentioned on the back of the '97 catalogue on the geo page but this is the same year the Mt Vision was released so this might have impacted sales.

This and the DBR Axis TT are the two Ti frames I used to covet as a teen and thinking I might have to go hunting for one soon. Thinking about a 97 as I'd like to use V's but leaving a canti hanger unused would just wind me up.

I’ve never seen a titanium with 1997 decals. The only team ti I’ve seen without a canti bridge is the 2009. @Matttymm do you know anything?

5E6D449E-B784-4743-91E3-93A0E9B0DFC3.jpeg
Though this has no brake bosses😆

Looks like this doesn't have a canti bridge and there's a link to his photo album which shows better pictures. He also claims it's a '98. Obviously they're few and far between so I'm not likely to find the required large size I'm after. Might just need to go for canti's afterall.

Sadly marin had pretty much lost it by this point. Accountants running the show....sad really, given the fantastic bikes they built in the early 90s and their input to mass mountain biking.

To be fair; the 97 frame is probably the same as the 94/95/96 just with different decals and the XT 739 is pretty decent; albeit the V brakes were not the greatest

I do agree with you though they lost their magic somewhere along the line.

I just dont know what happened....it just seemed their "mojo" got watered down a bit more every year. ....till we were left with some pretty uninspiring bikes.😥

I agree with the above with regards to their hardtail line up but I would love a 1999 Mount Vision or Mt Vision Pro

Seems that there's even '99 Ultimates kicking about! Surprised at that.

Back