Any fixed riders ?

I'm hoping to acquire an Ellis-Briggs track bike shortly which I would like to have a go at time trialling on. I haven't ridden fixed for years but at one time it was all that people rode in the winter. A geared winter bike was unheard of. 62" gear with great heavy 27" wired-ons, mudguards, dynamo, rack, saddle bag full of tools and cape. Talk about weight training!

pirate":wslwyd0r said:
butchering it and turning it into a fixie!

It doesn't have to be butchery (ok I'm quite happy to hack off cable guides etc.) keep all the old parts & you can convert back if you don't like it; but I think you will. Foot retention is the key, then you can keep a grip on the pedals down hill. (If you use a very low gear foot retention is less of a problem for skids etc. but limits the bike's usefulness) I use mtb spd's, but many still use clips & straps.
Good luck!

I have a new hand built (By well known (at least in Denmark) Copenhagen builder Banani) Columbus SPX track frame on its way to me.

The Rossin's history.

Just built up and test rode my track frame... Full on late 70s/early 80s Campag apart from the rims and wear-and-tear parts....

Sweet. Very sweet. 48X16 - it's staying brakeless.

Back