another weekend, another nice tip find....

you'd love the glasgow to loch lomond bike path
About halfway there, there is a big recycling center :LOL:

I went up the tip today and asked the question " do you get many bikes in" Yep said the bloke .... And we have to bung them all in the skip, Them cameras up there make sure we do too or we get the sack :roll: Thats the same for all the tips in our area too under the same company :cry:

What a waste

daj":py63p47m said:
I went up the tip today and asked the question " do you get many bikes in" Yep said the bloke .... And we have to bung them all in the skip, Them cameras up there make sure we do too or we get the sack :roll: Thats the same for all the tips in our area too under the same company :cry:

What a waste

One of the tips puts them all into a container and ships them off to Africa.

The recycling system is stupid. So much good quality electricals are sold for scrap value along with high quality speakers and of course, bicycles.
You times the amount I'm allowed to take by the number of UK recycling centres and think about how much money is wasted by the so called 'recycling'.

It must vary from one area to the next though, As was down in hampshire the other day and was told down there they put them all aside and with other stuff they have there own shops at the tips? :?

daj":zef1lewb said:
It must vary from one area to the next though, As was down in hampshire the other day and was told down there they put them all aside and with other stuff they have there own shops at the tips? :?

In Devon they have 'resale areas' clearly sign posted. The staff will still filch the good stuff though. Wouldnt you?

Back