Another Rossin!

PerB

Old School Hero
I found another Rossin some time ago, this time a frame and fork with some parts attached to it. I am the second owner from new and the original owner claimed he purchased the frame in 1977 from Sture Fåglum (Yes one of the Swedish Fåglum brothers); He build the bike himself with Super Record parts and used in the Norwegian amateur cycling throughout the eighties. He claims it is a Rossin Record, but there is no remains of Record sticker on the frame. All frame is chrome under the paint. The frame is 60cm c-c and seatpost to headstock is 58 cm. There is not much left of the Columbus tubing sticker, but I believe the frame is made of SL tubing, I base this on the 27,2 mm seat post. The brake fitting is for recessed bolts.

Frame number stamped on the left dropout is C34, (there could be an other letter in front of the C but its clear to read) and the fork is stamped 34 indicating that the fork is original.

Of the original Super Record parts the rear derailleur, the pedals, seat post, bottom bracket set and the headset remains. It also came with an nice Rossin embossed Chinelli stem and also Camapa Rossin embossed shifters. The crank is Stronglight with Camapa chain rings, but no wheels or brake came with the frame.

Any thoughts about the claimed age? After studying the frame in details I believe its maybe somewhat later, but I hope some of the Rossin experts here on the forum can help.

I think I will leave the frame as is with all its scratches and period sponsor decals from Mavic. I will only do some touch up painting of the worst scratches. I have now found the remaining super record parts to bring it back to speck as originally built.

Hi Per
I cannot really be much help with aging the Rossin but from my limited memory of them I think with the over BB cable guides, headtube lugs and seat stay tops that it wouldn't be far off 1977. Its certainly a lovely looking frame that will look really smart when cleaned up. I too would leave the paint as it is, just a good clean and polish.
Look forward to seeing more.
Best of luck with it

Jamie

I had another look at the frame today the frame number is MC34. Thanks for the reply.

Back