Another ONCE-LOOK Replica Project has been started ...

Re:

What is the reason for switching from freehub to freewheel hub? Out of curiosity which freewheel are you going to use? Sachs - This is what Mavic catalogue suggests. Which Mavic (i guess) rear derailleur will you use? 841 or 851?

Good luck!

I will use a 8-speed MAVIC 840 RD together with MAVIC 862 FD
The wheels will be build with a set of MAVIC 501 hubs for 8-speed freewheel

This will be the same combination I did with my Gitane-RMO labeled TVT92 Carbone (see pics below)

Attachments

• Gitane-RMO TVT92_rear.jpg
    Gitane-RMO TVT92_rear.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 1,010
  • MAVIC 840_8-speed RD.jpg
    MAVIC 840_8-speed RD.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 1,010
so the final stage before starting assembling ... it was hard and a Little bit of expensive to get these final parts

... with the MAVIC 305 Headset in 25.4x20 and a beautifull pair of MAVIC 571 hubs the final pieces are found
so the Project will be ready for assembling during Christmas holidays and the New Year 2017 will start with a another
ONCE LOOK Replica ... :D based on the specification of a Team bike used 25 years before

These are the last pictures of components before starting with assembling of all this parts - nice the plastic rings around the hubs
also in a burgundy coulouring ... :xmas-big-grin:

next step will be listing of the TechSpec of all the components before showing pics of the finished replica - hopefully

I wish to all of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year with a lot of further projects in 2017

Attachments

• IMG_0588.JPG
    IMG_0588.JPG
    192.9 KB · Views: 868
  • IMG_0590_01.jpg
    IMG_0590_01.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 868
gridno27... later in 1998/99 they switched to Mike Burrows Giant TCR "ugly kiddy bikes"[/quote said:
In your opinion. I had one and found them to be a fantastic ride! Here I am, racing mine in the National 25 mile championship a few years ago.

DSCF0537 by Michael Murray, on Flickr

Like to think your bikes get ridden as much ;)

I liked it so much, I have another TCR project to start soon!

Merry Christmas :xmas-wink:

Mike

Back