Another Mountain Goat Deluxe

ace

i simply love that bike :cool:

very cool colour...in fact one of my favorite low key colours.

Your very lucky ;)

absolutely gorgeous! i would give a leg for this!
i had one a few years back - w a clear coat - and get this... gave it away when i moved - i was such an idiot -

pluzall":3ae7y5jt said:
i had one a few years back - w a clear coat - and get this... gave it away when i moved - i was such an idiot -

Oh Lord!! What were you thinking!!!:shock:

Any chance of tracking it down?

Very nice indeed - one of the prettiest Goats I've seen, I think. A matching stem would be the icing on the cake.

Can anyone fill me in on the theory behind the laterally-ovalised, skinny main tubes? Most manufacturers seem to take pains to reinforce the front end in the other direction, either with gussets or vertical ovals at the head tube. It's a distinctive look, but do these frames stand up to frontal impacts?

iconic, epic, classic. Maybe one of the epicest of them all (except the first Breezers, Ritcheys, MountainBikes(Fishers) etc...)

Remember this Mountain Goat from my first Mountainbike book, Rob Van der Plaz "Bible "The Mountain Bike Book" from 1987.

one-eyed_jim":gkmezynu said:
Can anyone fill me in on the theory behind the laterally-ovalised, skinny main tubes? Most manufacturers seem to take pains to reinforce the front end in the other direction, either with gussets or vertical ovals at the head tube. It's a distinctive look, but do these frames stand up to frontal impacts?

Not sure about what Jeff Lindsay's theory was, but I can tell you that these were apparently built with Phil (Wood) Tandem Tubing. It's pretty tough stuff and I would think the fork is the weak point in that front end. The bike actually rides great, nice and supple. In fact, the larger frames didn't use the ovalized tubing.

In all vehicles, two or four wheels, I try to avoid frontal impacts so I wont be putting this thing to the test :LOL:

Back