Another frame identification....here's hoping

Just a curved tubed lo-pro of possible Itailian origin that perhaps someone randomly had gold plated. You're right, if it was destined for a show it would be covered in makers markings - I think confirming it's true identity (like so many of this type of thread) will go unsolved. More time needed to work out what I want to do with this, think in the first instance I'll just build it up then think about getting it professionally painted - need to suss out the cost of getting this back to bare metal for the new paint - could be an expensive job this one!

Interesting.....there's not a lot of gold about. There was a cheap (ish) technique of spraying with colloidal gold and polishing which was pretty thin.

Back in the 70's it was my job to take frames to the local platers (Wenlock barracks in Hull) for finishing. ride on bike with frame held with right arm LOL

They dipped old chrome in something very nasty and it sort of dissolved leaving the underlying nickel / copper in a matt finish ready for spraying.

Didn't seem like a difficult job. I have an old Carlton Flyer track frame which I think had the same treatment way back when.....

Shaun

Back