For Sale Anodised frost red Zaskar frame for a tenner?

Another way of doing something similar is use the lotto bonus ball draw. Whatever you value the item at, divide by 59 and that’s the cost of each number 👍🏻

To be fair , I’m thinking about doing a few more raffles if people like them.

I’ve a few Zaskar frames I’m looking to move on so it’s a fun way of doing it.

Reactions: ceo
Heres a question... Would people like a lower ticket price (£5 for example) but more people involved or keep the same format?

i'm inspired by this smart way to pass stuff on. it could actually become a trend here and i'm thinking to do the same kind of raffle with this xt 737 groupset including a set of ceramic rimmed wheels. in this case i could imagine 14€-tickets for max. 20 participants (or double-buyers) of you plus personalized parcel cost (i'd be shipping absolutely anywhere on the globe at cost).

my current concern is that i never used any social media beside bike forums and i'm not keen to do so. i'm also a bit camera-shy, so a live drawing the very lotto number is something i'd prefer to outsource to some none-participant, but trustworthy member/mod (anyone?). sure i could also use such a web-number-generator and just publish the result, but i'm guessing many do enjoy the realtime thrill..?

any thoughts/reflections? i'm a bit in two minds...
@d8mok sry, i just hijacked this thread 😬

Heres a question... Would people like a lower ticket price (£5 for example) but more people involved or keep the same format?
I guess it depends upon demand. One of the exciting elements about your 'lottery' was that there was a 1/15 chance of winning per 'ticket' That's good odds and worth throwing a tenner at, even for someone like me who doesn't typically bet.

More people would mean lower cost but lower chance of winning.... there's a trade off. Having said that I would probably have gone for it in a £5 1/30 sweepstake too!

Of course, I'm sure it's occurred to you that you could remove the participant cap entirely and generate considerably more $ for certain rare or high demand items than you might otherwise get from a single buyer.

I guess it depends upon demand. One of the exciting elements about your 'lottery' was that there was a 1/15 chance of winning per 'ticket' That's good odds and worth throwing a tenner at, even for someone like me who doesn't typically bet.

More people would mean lower cost but lower chance of winning.... there's a trade off. Having said that I would probably have gone for it in a £5 1/30 sweepstake too!

Of course, I'm sure it's occurred to you that you could remove the participant cap entirely and generate considerably more $ for certain rare or high demand items than you might otherwise get from a single buyer.

Yeh my thought was keeping it nice and simple and 1/15 seemed like good odds.

I think I’ll stick the next one up at the same once I’ve decided which is going.

I may be tempted to do some rarer stuff but still keep the value at market value like this one was ( or slightly below ). I’m happy with my outcome , I’m sure Nigel is happy to win it , and hopefully the other 13 people felt it was worth a gamble.

i'm inspired by this smart way to pass stuff on. it could actually become a trend here and i'm thinking to do the same kind of raffle with this xt 737 groupset including a set of ceramic rimmed wheels. in this case i could imagine 14€-tickets for max. 20 participants (or double-buyers) of you plus personalized parcel cost (i'd be shipping absolutely anywhere on the globe at cost).

my current concern is that i never used any social media beside bike forums and i'm not keen to do so. i'm also a bit camera-shy, so a live drawing the very lotto number is something i'd prefer to outsource to some none-participant, but trustworthy member/mod (anyone?). sure i could also use such a web-number-generator and just publish the result, but i'm guessing many do enjoy the realtime thrill..?

any thoughts/reflections? i'm a bit in two minds...
@d8mok sry, i just hijacked this thread 😬

I feel mine worked well as it was low numbers , postage is included and I’ve got a presence on socials too.

I actually enjoyed the process too and next time I may try to make it more fun somehow.

Back