And here's what I did today Dialled Alpine 853

Liam1611

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Decided I was quite bored of an Aluminium frame, although it did give me the motivation to "Upgrade" it in every sense of the word. So here it is for your perusal.

Spec is as follows.

Dialled Alpine 16" in Reynolds 853
Rockshox Pike 454 Coils
FSA Pig DH Pro II Headset
Answer Pro Taper Bars in 720mm flavour
Truvativ Hussefelt 60mm Stem
Deore LX Front Shifter
Da Bomb Holy Sh*t Grips
Avid Juicy 3's
Hope Pro II's on Sun Ditch Witch Rims shod in DMR Moto RT Tyres
Raceface Evovle DH Crank, Blackspire 38T DH Chainring, E13 LS1 Chainguide, Shimano Saint BB & Saint Pedals.
SLX Rear Mech
Madison Flux with Charge Post.

Kind Regards

Liam

Looks pretty good - are those older pikes than the new ones relaunched last year? Any good?

Sensible spec, looks like it would take a beating. Do you still get the nice steel feel on a tougher hardtail like this?

Re:

They are 454's so the first generation of Pikes, I bought them as I like the idea of adjustable travel and beefy enough to handle anything you can throw at it. As for the Steel feel, it's certainly livelier than the Ali frame it has replaced, as for feedback from the frame I'll let you know when it's been off-road which will hopefully be this weekend. I've always wanted either an Alpine or Evil Sovereign and a set of Pikes because of the versatility they both give you. Drop the forks, sharpen the head angle and it's good for climbing and wind them out once you get to the top.

Kind Regards

Liam

Back