An idiot's guide to retrobike #2 - 1990 Kona Lava Dome

These are the best finds :cool: Usually the dirtier and covered in Grease they are, the more Mint they are! Paintwork is really fresh and parts not bad either.
In truth it doesnt look to have done many miles or much offroad work? Colour is good too.

kingofthescratchmonkeys":121oen8n said:
Hey dude! Only just came on to this thread- what a great job you did of that rear mech... respect!! Lovely work. Nice bike!

M

Cheers! I think I've seen 1 X1 mech since for sale so yours were priceless in the end. This was sold a while back then re-appered on ebay about a month later so I hope it's being loved. It had done quite a few miles but very little was off road uence the good condition of the paint. It was a cool project :)

lovely bike :D

pretty sure mine came with energiser? rear brakes. which i sadly ditched in favour of v-brakes sometime in the nineties :shock: :facepalm:

Cheers! Long gone now. Thinking back and re-reading the thread, the brakes were'nt original. The 1990 catalogue says Dia-compe X1's which is what I got in the end but then the catalogue also says it came in red and apart from a few, most that year over here were in yellow.

6.jpg

there is one of these bikes in good condition with 2 spare road tires for £15 where i live.im afraid i cant tell you where i live for obvious reasons.no answer when i rang but im hoping. :D

Back