Amp B3 medium frameset - low miles perfect condition

2manyoranges

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Purchased direct from Horst Leintner’s team in Laguna Beach in 1995 and then into the stable on the South Downs. Medium - so good for someone around 5ft 8in plus or minus a bit.

Ridden a bit, then mothballed, like a handful of my other bikes. I’m selling this as a complete frameset - frame and forks. The photo is of the compete bike, but it’s being taken down to just being the frame and forks.

No dents, no dings, bushings all perfect. Shocks good, servicing just means emptying old oil out and putting new auto transmission fluid back it. It’s just as it was when it was new. These are remarkable forks and frames - the start of the Horst Link, MX style linkages (in this case on the front fork) and the start of the ‘genuinely light full sus XC’ revolution. This bike made up is 24lbs.

If I am completely honest - anyone who has ever ridden one of these seriously will state ‘...climbs like a goat, runs like a magic carpet on the flat, descends like a plate of spaghetti...’. To say ‘it’s a bit noodly under duress’ is a bit of an understatement. Bloody lovely though. The ultra-noodliness was tamed quite a bit by the addition of the retro-fitted dedicated factory AMP bolt-on bridge, which firmed up the rear a lot - and is included with the frame, of course.

Price wise I am going on this 2011 comment from the ‘States:

Forks on the Bay have run $89 to $275 recently, frames $200 - $700 depending on condition - the $200 frame did not have a AMP fork.

So looks like £450 or thereabouts would be a lowish price for as new frame and forks.
PM or text to 0770 250 5256

Attachments

• 57F01292-D83D-4FBA-9718-1FB355DDF4BC.jpeg
    57F01292-D83D-4FBA-9718-1FB355DDF4BC.jpeg
    81.9 KB · Views: 292
Back