Am I getting excited over this drawing unnecessarily?

I've identified the shifters.... they're LD-5100's but I've not been able to find any other pictures on the web, so I think I might have to update Velobase. The script on the blue background is from the 1988 brochure and the drawings are from the 1987 dealer catalogue.

Purely by chance I found a pair on eBay and got them for £9 and I can’t wait to see if I can get them to fit the CB-6200’s to make a pair of elusive CL-XC00’s :D . Photo’s to follow…. :cool:

Attachments

• LD-5100.jpg
    LD-5100.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 568
They arrived in the post this morning and I've been at the blue tack again... What do you think? Has anyone ever seen a pair of these combination shifters before?

I'm going to have to make a mounting plate/bracket from some 2mm sheet metal but I'm also going to need some assistance with the post that the shifter fits onto. The LHS is virtually there (just needs to be made a little longer).

If anyone is willing to help out with this I'd be really greatful.

Attachments

• CL-XC00_3.JPG
    CL-XC00_3.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 549
  • CL-XC00_2.JPG
    CL-XC00_2.JPG
    34 KB · Views: 549
  • CL-XC00_1.JPG
    CL-XC00_1.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 549
  • LD-5100 (LHS).jpg
    LD-5100 (LHS).jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 549
I put out a feeler last week; Machinist/Engineer but got impatient and decided to contact Intrincycle (Suntour XC00 stud).............. instead of waiting!

Popped in on the way home after meeting up with Corduroyboy to give him his bike and spent a good hour discussing this project. I must say I'm excited :D; hopefully we’ll have something to show you in January…

It's nearly January! Looking forward to seeing the end results of this and the 'dale :D

Me too but I think mid to late Jan is more realistic.

I started the 'dale in March and I think it should be finished within the year (but barely). A Bullseye crank is quite an investment and Christmas has put quite a strain on the bike funds ;), so I'll have to start looking in February. Missed this morning's by a couple of minutes which is probably for the best as I would have gone for it and then I'd be in the dog house!

I'm in the dog house :( , I bought a Bullseye crank :D.... Anyway, Chris has sent me some photos of his progress to date. Hopefully he'll be finished in the next week or so.

Attachments

• untitled2.jpg
    untitled2.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 459
  • untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 459
Studs are finished. Just need the plates now and we're done :D .

Attachments

• XC00 studs.jpg
    XC00 studs.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 426
Re:

I was over at Chris' on Monday and they're nearly finished :D . Just need to make some adjustments to the seating of the plate to the boss and drill out the hole for the cable; should pick them up next week.

Attachments

• untitled9.jpg
    untitled9.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 385
  • untitled7.jpg
    untitled7.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 385
Back