Aluminium frame + steel forks SOLD

daugs

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Want to build a cheap hack or need some forks ? Non branded Aluminium frame, 16" c-c (18" c-t) with a top tube 21.5" and steel threaded forks. Asking £20 collected.

50000571108_84365a51e8_z.jpg

I picked this up 6 odd years ago, mainly for a couple of bits attached but was actually quite a good frame and rode quite well. The frame detectives couldn't identify it viewtopic.php?f=6&t=265093&hilit=+aluminium. The forks are steel, confirmed with a magnet. I estimate the headtube is just over 5". The forks have a 1 1/8" steerer about 180cm in length. When I got it the top nut of the headset was missing, so just a spare nut. Pic below is as made up as a single speed to get an idea.

50001346577_f2a041b863_z.jpg

Just to be clear, only frame and forks included. Asking £20 collected from NW1, London as every penny helps. At the moment getting boxed up and posted not worth the effort, but if no one wants frame but forks useful then maybe post is an option. I also still have the seatpost which is spare and first refusal to the buyer for some more coin I'm afraid. If no interest then off to some electronic market place, I've cheap fees for next week....

Re:

I thought long and hard about this, the short answer is no, the long answer its a real hassle getting all the stuff to properly pack and dealing with the local delivery "offerings". I have no faith as to what would arrive and then all that happens is argument and hassle. If it was a £200 frame then maybe but its not, unless I've missed something :LOL:

I am happy to store for a while and a relay be arranged (although not seen much of that on here compared to some of the classic car clubs).

Sorry and I know you had a similar discussion with Giggsywiggsy, who I met only the other day after buying some stuff from him on here. Maybe stick to a Marin ?

FYI for anyone collecting, road access is very easy coming in on M40, A40 and short hop north of Regents Park or walking distance from Camden Tube station. I'm just round the corner from Giggsywiggsy if anyone collecting from him as well.

Re: Re:

daugs":ican98ts said:
I thought long and hard about this, the short answer is no, the long answer its a real hassle getting all the stuff to properly pack and dealing with the local delivery "offerings". I have no faith as to what would arrive and then all that happens is argument and hassle. If it was a £200 frame then maybe but its not, unless I've missed something :LOL:

I am happy to store for a while and a relay be arranged (although not seen much of that on here compared to some of the classic car clubs).

Sorry and I know you had a similar discussion with Giggsywiggsy, who I met only the other day after buying some stuff from him the other day. Maybe stick to a Marin ?

FYI for anyone collecting, road access is very easy coming in on M40, A40 and short hop north of Regents Park or walking distance from Camden Tube station. I'm just round the corner from Giggsywiggsy if anyone collecting from him as well.

If you boxed it up, gave me the dimensions and weight I could arrange a courier no probs. A full bike is a different matter but a F&F is easy-peasy. Alas, it's no bother to me due to a frame and fork combo en route from 2 different members on here. I like building stuff full stop, what it is doesn't matter but I like Marins whereas others like Kona etc.

Glws.

Re:

I'll take this please if it's still available, I work in the Holloway area and know Camden like the back of my hand, so collection not a problem...

There's a 50:50 chance I may not do anything with this, but I can offer Mr corblimey first refusal (and postage) if I change my mind?

PM on the way over :)

Re: Re:

mynchiboy":3ltmcgrn said:
I'll take this please if it's still available, I work in the Holloway area and know Camden like the back of my hand, so collection not a problem...

There's a 50:50 chance I may not do anything with this, but I can offer Mr corblimey first refusal (and postage) if I change my mind?

I've just acquired a Sunn Notion and a Mongoose from Kaz. Should keep me busy for a little while :cool:

Re:

mynchiboy":3u5yrv8r said:

still available, only posted couple of hours ago, awaiting pm

Back