Alejandro's (Klein) Adroit 1992 Green Gator Target sub < 7Kg

ordered !! yes I hope to save close to 100gr !! good appointment

Attachments

• tubes_order.jpg
    tubes_order.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 729
There are some other options for lightweight inner tubes tha weighs the same but cost less:

Ultra-1-klein_600x600.jpg

But the tubolito inner tubes has some advantages; maintain the preasure quite well. I like them.

goodyes":39ltim63 said:
vwbluethunder":39ltim63 said:
Here I post you some inspiration images with carbon/kevlar rims.

Which carbon klevar rims you have ? amazing
I justordered the tune 1.0004 gr wheelset. Are yours lighter ? which brand model

I wonder which Tune wheels you are talking about. Mine are also built on Tune hubs, Mig 70 and Mag 160 to be precise. On the rear wheel I have now replaced the Mag 160 with a new special build of a somewhat heavier Mag 170. The rear wheel comes in at 760 g. I don‘t exactly know what the front wheel weighs but definitely more than 244 g :mrgreen:
I guess the set is around 1300 g
That‘s why I‘d be really excited to see these 1004 g Tune wheels

I scale front wheel before shipping. That was 480g with tape. Tape is approx 10g each wheel. Rear wheel have cassette mounted, so scale was not possible, but rear wheel should be 110g heavyer then front. So real weight should be 1070g with tape. Without tape two wheelset 20g, approx 1050g real weight.

This is the almost the lightest 26 canti wheelset you can build. You dont find lighter rims, you dont find these rims anymore, you dont find lighter front hub, rear hub extralite is 10g lighter. Titan spokes can be a tiny lighter, but those Sapim superspokes is claimed 3g and is In titan spokes area.

But it is normal that Tune hubs weight 5-10g more then claimed from factory. All my tune use to do that and i have a lot of them. A wheelset is 2 rims, 2 hubs, 64 spokes, 64 niples! So 40-50g up is not much. Thats actually little complain to cheaper and factory wheelsets.

With a heavy cassette, axles, tape and wheelset is was 1280g real weight. REAL weight with a cheap and heavy 8 speed cassette

Re:

Rims is also 5-25g up real weight always! I use to go to the store and scale all the rims they have and pick the lightest ones. Notubes 355 is not very often 355g! Most of them is 360-365g each, but some up to 380g each real weight. I have scaled a lot and a friend of mine is importer of these.

This hubset was spesial order to me In 32H. 28H was max drilling they offered these but made them In 32H to me in a big trade, several 45/150 hubsets ++. I have never seen 32H In Mig45/ Mag150 anywhere else. Normally 28H and with 28H you could not use these superlight rims, which only is 32H. So without spesial order hubs, you would have been able to use normal 355 rims and the wheelset would have with 120-140g heavyer. Up 70g each rims real weight minus a little for 8 less spokes. But with less spokes, most people build up with stiffer and heavyer spokes for stiffness, so the total weight not differ so much 28 or 32 spokes. I have many 355 wheelset, also with 28H Mig45/ Mag150, so this i know very well.

Hey, I did not mean to offend anyone here. I was just wondering about this astonishing low weight. Mine are built on Mavic 717 rims. I originally wanted to use the 517 version but that was no longer available in 2006 or 07-ish.
295 g for an aluminium rim even in 26“ is really extreme. Not sure I would trust such a rim on an MTB. I am also a bit a of a low weight fanatic, albeit not as extreme as Alejandro, but I also want my parts to reliably do their job and do not need replacement every couple of 100 km. So, Alejandro, whatever the weight will finally be, below 1100 g is really mind blowing and at the price I read above a real bargain. I can only congratulate you to finding such a deal.

Re:

Mavic 717 is 420g claimed weight. Often 440g real weight.

300g alloy rims is not extreme. «Every» XC world cup rider used those rims, also the later 280g version.

Re: Re:

POLITI":3js0o8re said:
Mavic 717 is 420g claimed weight. Often 440g real weight.

300g alloy rims is not extreme. «Every» XC world cup rider used those rims, also the later 280g version.

Really? With rim brakes?
Disc brakes help a lot to make lower weight rims these days. At least one area, where the weight penalty of the brakes themselves can be compensated for :mrgreen:

Back