Aende on ebay

oldave

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Looks rather nice. Not my field, altho I did have an Aende tourer some years ago, but seems overpriced to me.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Looks rather nice. Not my field, altho I did have an Aende tourer some years ago, but seems overpriced to me.

Agreed.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Very difficult to find a Super Record Groupset equipped vintage bike and see less than £750 being asked now on eBay- so not outrageous, but spec could be a little higher in places. Seller would be better advised to include "offers" option.

Very difficult to find a Super Record Groupset equipped vintage bike and see less than £750 being asked now on eBay- so not outrageous, but spec could be a little higher in places. Seller would be better advised to include "offers" option.

How many actually sell for over £750, though? I agree on the 'offers' option being the way to go. A Colnago with Super Record can easily go for over £1K, but bikes from lesser-known makers (despite being very nice, of course) would struggle to get over the £750 mark, I suspect.

How many actually sell for over £750, though? I agree on the 'offers' option being the way to go. A Colnago with Super Record can easily go for over £1K, but bikes from lesser-known makers (despite being very nice, of course) would struggle to get over the £750 mark, I suspect.
Sure, most bikes are sold for less than asking price, and having "offers" option helps a true market value to be established. Whilst a Colnago is generally deemed desirable (by reputation or is it really superior?), many of its models are actually more common than equivalents from lesser known brands- take a look at the numbers on ebay. Aende is well thought of and may appeal to those in the know, but I would be the first to accept it's a more niche appeal vs a Colnago!

From what I can tell Colnago just seems to be one of those names which maintains a cult-ish appeal. Mainly on reputation, I think, rather than anything that makes them actually superior. People have heard of them, and know they are 'meant to be good'. Gios are also almost the same, though not quite. Personally I'd take lots of bikes from smaller Italian makers over lots of Colnagos any day of the week, but that's a question of taste, I suppose.

Back