Advice - kids bikes, specifically Isla 20

I think my old 20 inch is a Large nicely stored in a safe place unused, in fact hardly used too as he was more stubborn back then. Red too, also now have the Beinn 24" but the blighter still riding that happily at 11yrs.

How much are the fetching ?

FluffyChicken":fokq28zn said:
I think my old 20 inch is a Large nicely stored in a safe place unused, in fact hardly used too as he was more stubborn back then. Red too, also now have the Beinn 24" but the blighter still riding that happily at 11yrs.

How much are the fetching ?

50p *cough* PM me a price though if you're interested in selling :)

Edit: actually scratch that... I'm PM'd you :D :)

I'll keep my eye on that site. Cheers. Hadn't heard of it before... seem to live on retrobike or nothing... :D Thanks for the tip! :)

I bought a nice dbr octane 20 off here. It's a great little bike that my son received 2 days ago for his 7th birthday. I looked at islabikes and frog and the ones I wanted were never in stock in the colour I wanted. Can't fault the dbr, quite light alloy frame, RST suspension and the reams of the kit is made for kids. Proper aheadset, 7 speed revoshift that whilst may not have been my preference, he's taken to quickly despite it being his first bike with gears. I got lucky with the price and it was a minter, easily passed off as new (not that we did), with the braking surfaces still almost unused and black. My only gripe if it can be called that is that it's a freewheel not cassette, but hey.

Can't find any pics of the DBR yet but sounds good too. Just really want to make sure he ends up with a proper bikes his size, rather than something made of cheese in the shape of a bike, which a lot of kids bikes are, sadly. :)

I can't find any either. Looking at the current version it's been downgraded a bit in some areas but does have a lower rrp. I'll try to get some pics of my one tomorrow for you.

Re:

Here's a pic of the diamond back. I changed the saddle and pedals but it's stock aside from that and the carbon frame protection and bar end caps. The new version seems to be 6 and not 7 speed and the frame is a little different.

Attachments

• 2016-09-19 11.04.52.jpg
    2016-09-19 11.04.52.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 505
Thanks for the pic. Looks a nice little bike. I think I might still be holding out for an Isla, but I'll watch eBay and see if a DBR comes up in case. Sorry for the delay in replying... on hols atm! :)

Back