Adverts?

al":2b5xkkgi said:
I don't want to buy fishy women or modern bike tat!!

Can i turn the adverts off?

I am bombarded by crap in all other walks of life, now it's on my favourate forum.

Al, :(

It's the ads that make Retrobike free :D

Just ignore them.

Lysander":2rcmgfx1 said:
Leela_Attacks_Amazonians.jpg

SnooSnoo!!!! :p

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: that's my world. (love that episode) :LOL: :LOL:

p.s. my last ex-wife only had one eye :shock:

i believe in fixies":3sjh9grt said:
al":3sjh9grt said:
I don't want to buy fishy women or modern bike tat!!

Can i turn the adverts off?

I am bombarded by crap in all other walks of life, now it's on my favourate forum.

It's the ads that make Retrobike free :D

Indeed. We don't really have much advertising (one banner on the forum for logged in users) compared to 99% of cycling websites. Anyhow without the ads no site.

Some of the adverts are placed by google and are relevant to the content on the site. Most seem to be about right, i.e. cycling based. We do get the odd 'plentyofxyz' advert, maybe google thinks we're all sad men in need of women (or whatever) - how on earth would they get that idea :?

i believe in fixies":3sjh9grt said:
Just ignore them.

Actually it's best not to ignore them altogether....

tintin40":3sjh9grt said:
p.s. my last ex-wife only had one eye

My word.

John":2fzb2rdx said:
maybe google thinks we're all sad men in need of women (or whatever) - how on earth would they get that idea :?

..a bunch of blokes of 'a certain age' who are either in their sheds on their own or are all sat on the internet looking a photos of other peoples rides rather than having a real life? Can't think where google got the idea from!

the hilarious thing is that no matter what people think, google have a fantastic demographic advertising selection system and do choose very well... in any case I can live with the ads if I want to live with the site!

I'm finding it difficult to reply to some of the comments. If i did then i would just sound churlish!

I really hate the idea of advertising on forums as i have seen how it can start a downward spiral. I would much rather have to subscribe than put up with adverts. I am aware that economics dictate the way this forum will have to change,although it's not for the better in my mind.

Ho Hum!

Do tell ;)

i'm only miffed about the free up for it totty at your fingertips web sites, as i am past it and would prefer an early night with a cup of hot chocolate and a classic car mag!! :oops:

Al.

legrandefromage":2w4rzv3r said:
google chrome and vista - no adverts

IE7 and XP - adverts adverts lots of those aaaaadverts!

Safari no ads :cool:

I understand al. But i'm sure John wont let it get out of hand like on the American cycling site.
Only time will tell. And the success of this site. :D

Back