Adverts, ffs!

^ post removed with regards to ad blocking, the ads are there for a reason.

Spudly":20bnpdot said:
Im sorry but this is really, really bugging me now

Clearly. To respond to some of the points raised by the OP.

The adverts are served by a third party over which we have limited control. The steroid adverts are somewhat bizarre and seem to crop up all over the web. Had meant to block the adverts previously but forgot, have done so now, they should be gone in a few hours. Out of interest have you sent a similar missive to ebay, seen the 'old guy juicer' ad on there in the past.

As an aside we had similar complaints about some mature dating ads in the past which we blocked. Apparently people were unhappy with the quality they were receiving.

As for the other various points you have raised whilst you doubtlessly hold an exalted position elsewhere on the internet this gives you exactly zero insight into the running of this site. Next time I fly in to a national ride in my solid gold helicopter I'm happy to discuss things with yourself.

At the end of the day the adverts keep retrobike and everything that goes with it free. If looking at a few ads on the internet is a 'price' you are unwilling to pay then so be it. Suspect your choice of sites will be very limited going forward.

Have removed and will remove further posts recommending ad blockers. If you want one go look for one yourself.

I completely understand the reason for the ads, if i was in charge of the site i'm sure i would do things the same way. On the other hand, i share Bill Hicks' view on advertising and if i can find a way to not see them, i'm in.

I just see adverts as par for the course and don't really notice them, and I've got so many other things to occupy my mind than waste it on frustration on things I have no power over, and if ads pay for the site I'm enjoying so much for free, well bring 'em on :)

Alison

I get weird invisible lingerie adverts....

Still better than the freakish ebay ones we used to get with those scary real life dolls

John":1pitz50c said:
we had similar complaints about some mature dating ads in the past which we blocked. Apparently people were unhappy with the quality they were receiving.

Which people were unhappy, us or them? Come to think of it, it must be them as there's no one mature on here as far as I've ever noticed! :LOL:

elPedro666":2wustrka said:
John":2wustrka said:
we had similar complaints about some mature dating ads in the past which we blocked. Apparently people were unhappy with the quality they were receiving.

Which people were unhappy, us or them? Come to think of it, it must be them as there's no one mature on here as far as I've ever noticed! :LOL:

The grannies. Something about the young sexy cyclists they were expecting turning out to be tubby middle aged men with a love of old tatty bikes.

Anyhow.

The observant will note Spudly's favourite adverts are still displaying. Not sure why, currently trying to get them blocked by our advertisers.

Back