Adjusting the position on my Hard Rock Sport

sspitsbergen

Retro Newbie
So, I have a early 90's Specialized Hard Rock Sport Hybrid - yeah, the green and pink one, awesome. Now that I am old, I find the current positioning of the seat and handlebars to be uncomfortable. Particularly when I have to hold my head up to watch the road in front. I wonder if I can adjust the fork somehow to raise the handlebars to be seated better, more upright like current hybrids? The handlebars are pushed forward from the stem. So, what do I need to look for and what would be a fair price.

I am sure I left out a ton of required information, please let me know.

Thanks.

Edit: I think this is the bike http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/Bike ... rock+Sport

Frame & Fork
Frame Construction TIG-welded steel
Frame Tubing Material Chrome-moly, outer-butted seat tube
Fork Brand & Model Chrome-moly OS blade
Fork Material
Rear Shock

Components
Component Group Shimano Altus C10
Brakeset Shimano Altus C10 brakes, levers
Shift Levers Shimano Altus C10 Rapidfire Plus
Front Derailleur Shimano Altus C10
Rear Derailleur Shimano Altus C10
Crankset Shimano Altus C10, 28/38/48 teeth
Pedals HTI-P48
Bottom Bracket
BB Shell Width
Rear Cogs 7-speed, 14 - 28 teeth
Chain Unspecified
Seatpost Alloy micro-adj. w/QR
Saddle Specialized AirGel
Handlebar Flat, 5-degree
Handlebar Extensions
Handlebar Stem CroMo TIG 40-degree rise
Headset

Wheels
Hubs Shimano Altus C10
Rims Araya AP-21
Tires 26 x 1.95" Specialized RockCombo
Spoke Brand
Spoke Nipples

How about changing your steering stem to one that provides a bunch more 'lift' to your bars, and then even switching your bars for a handlebar that has some 'rise' to it's geometry ... that'd put you in a much more up-right position.

k-rod":2vrlgfmt said:
How about changing your steering stem to one that provides a bunch more 'lift' to your bars, and then even switching your bars for a handlebar that has some 'rise' to it's geometry ... that'd put you in a much more up-right position.

thats what ive done on my Orange P7, 30 degree riser stem and some riser bars, its made it loads easier on my old body

k-rod":3teftf4c said:

any suggestions on what type of equipment I should look for? Key things I should ask at the bike shop or for online shopping.

Thanks.

You can buy adjustable stems, that you can set for rise. Allows you to find whats right for you without having to buy or find a number.

Latest posts

Back