Adidas Giro (like Merckx) 1980s cycling shoes size 39ish NOS

stuartAJ

Dirt Disciple
I purchased around a year ago a pair of unused Adidas Giro shoes for a friend to do his Eroica ride. These are totally new/unused but without a box. They show a very small amount of shop wear (the white stripe is very slightly discoloured, otherwise excellent condition). He found some Dueggi (NOS) which he preferred so these remain unused.

I believe they were size 41 2/3, however like most cycling shoes they actually fit a smaller foot and these realistically are 39 or 39.5.

Shoes are exactly the same as Eddy Merckx shoes apart from the colour. My guess is that Adidas brought these out to avoid paying Eddy his royalties!

Complete with correct / unused shoeplates and screws.

Do note these are the correct plates for toeclips and straps, however these shoes are also drilled (by factory) to accept LOOK type shoeplates so can be used with modern bikes.

Here is an example of the shoe, however not my actual shoes (which I will photograph for anyone seriously interested and send via email)

If that doesn't work, just type Adidas Giro into google and look for images of the blue version (They also made a red version which is shown on Adidas's website under its history of cycling shoes)

Looking for £50 (plus postage) which is what I paid for them. The Merckx version goes for well over £100!

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=adida ... 7YL6TtM%3A

Back