A Zinn in Reading.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

"shill" - I don't think my humble bids are going to 'artificially' raise the price - and no I wouldn't ever split shuch a beautiful piece of framemaking artistry: for me the forks and 'Sturmey wheel' are just the touches that make the 'package' special to me ;-)

Re: Re:

stuey":2pnymnh2 said:
"shill" - I don't think my humble bids are going to 'artificially' raise the price - and no I wouldn't ever split shuch a beautiful piece of framemaking artistry: for me the forks and 'Sturmey wheel' are just the touches that make the 'package' special to me ;-)

I think he’s referring to the original auction for the whole bike and the seller, artificially raising the price by shill bidding and then ending up being stuck with it.

Real shame to split such an original bike.

Re:

Yes, as above, no slight on you stuey.

Frame being sold by the same person that 'sold' the full bike so there's a decent chance the seller got a mate to bid and got caught out.

I know the guy who won the auction. There was an issue (which I won’t mention other than say it wasn’t an issue with the frameset which is up for sale) which led to him not completing the deal

Re: Re:

66 triumph daytona":32jfryvs said:
Thats just shite what happened that lovely bike :evil: .

Yeah, rarely I agree, but that was one bike it'd have been nice to see sold complete.

No doubt the Campag parts will soon be available, so you can rebuild the bike, for the original sale price x2 :(

Obviously not happy with the price it reached as there was a couple of other bidders only a few pounds less that it could have gone too. Someone probably told him how much it is worth in parts! also strange how the original listing winner seems to be bidding on the frame as well though.

Back