A suggestion for regular users............

would you mind paying (supporting the site) to sell etc etc

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
First up think it's great people are willing to pay for this place. Shows we must be doing something right :)

As others have mentioned however i am keen we keep the website free. We are in the fortunate position where the site hosting bill (which is huuugggeee) is covered by the adverts and merchandise. As long as people keep clicking through to ebay and buying stuff, use the amazon links below, support our other advertisers and buy some merchandise we are all good.

As for the point aboit safe trading a revamp of the feedback system is planned. As ever its time.

May add a donate button at some point, however would rather someone buy some stickers or do their xmas shopping from amazon via the links below....

The account is no longer in nigeria. The bank of nigeria did supply a free 'sir oinkalot' money box but that offer expired so i returned to a more retro way of banking. There is now a jar full of coppers in our hallway :LOL:

Bit slow on the "how the links help" But my old dear and family spend loads on Amazon!! So how can I get there spending to help the fund? :?

daj":1puqilec said:
Bit slow on the "how the links help" But my old dear and family spend loads on Amazon!! So how can I get there spending to help the fund? :?

Either click on one of the amazon banners in rotation or click here
http://www.amazon.co.uk
. Once on amazon shop as normal. Retrobike get an affiliate comission from your shopping.

I'm not really for it as it stands.

I belong to another forum for football and they have a section called the "sanctuary" which costs £10 and gets you into the inner sanctum. It kind of turns into a bit of a snobbery thing and you tend to be looked down on as a junior member. Personally I'd hate that to happen to this excellent and very friendly forum.

I think the 'donate' button is a good idea as are the external ads. However that's not to say that if John thinks that 'full membership' might be required in the future that I wouldn't seriously consider joining. :)

Back