A meeting of minds...and bikes

perry":3krqc9re said:
went for a walk around Rutland Water this weekend. Amused at posh mums in uggs, shades and full slap on the rented bikes. Attempting the uphill bits on the big ring and failing miserably.

what bit did you walk around ? im there quite a lot . its a good excuse to have a perv at them . ive noticed a lot of young couples go ( maybe they are on dates ) so the bloke can look all fit , until i decimate them :LOL: unless im with the mrs . where i spend a lot of time saying comeon if we go a bit quicker we can catch them people up :LOL:

Barnsdale Woods. I'd ride it, but #1 Son (just 6 years old) moans on the uphills. I wonder where he gets it from... Need to go without the wife and kids to make best use of my time there. Looks like it'd be a bit of a chore to weave around so many pedestrians though?

yep weekends are spent at 7mph waiting for that child to suddenly step infront :LOL: people seem to gather around the gates too :roll: its nice and quiet in the evenings when the carparks get locked ( remember to park outside ) and its still light , a decent speed can be had

might go this weekend sometime , either there or sherwood pines

Wu-Tangled":2g4kil9z said:
Said hello, showed dutyful respect, advertised site. Went about my business of eating cake.

:cool:

Respect is good Wu! :D Amongst my friends, several have bikes that would qualify as retro simply because they've kept them a long time rather than having a passion for all things retro.

I do signpost friends to the site from time to time but so far no-one has joined that I'm aware of. All the technical stuff is a bit overwhelming at first - not that many women develop that kind of interest I think.

CAS":2mu3romf said:
.. several have bikes that would qualify as retro simply because they've kept them a long time ...

That's how I got into here too, happily keeping an old bike going.
It went downhill fast from there, it sure is a slippery slope ... ;) ;)

Back