A Haldon hill exeter ride 12th june.

Good work on getting out today chaps, the weather was indeed quite shocking!

Full respect for getting out guys, what were the trails like in the heavy rain?

Only ever ridden up there when it has been dry!

Haldon Hill

Rides very well, thier brilliant runs that hold up so well in those conditions.
Would highly recommend in any weather. If you try it rigid there are some bits that make you think more about your line, bit like the old days. Oh & dont have your seat to high oops!

There were quite a lot of other riders out today so that must be testament to the way the route drains & is so rideable. You do'nt come back that dirty either not much sticks but you should use a couple of Crud guards they would help. Give it a go this year if you have'nt been b4.

Have ridden up there many times this year, it has been dry or only very light drizzle though. i guess it has excellent drainage... what trails did you ride on?
Blue is great but untechnical

Can't wait for the next SW retro ride... Hopefully have the Clockwork back from the paint shop by then, but... I won't hold my breath. :(

Haldon Hill

Rode the red, with the small black run in the middle (bit challenging rigid) and then the blue, they have done alot since i last rode there, all good.

I felt I learnt a lot in that weather, actually - just little stuff about 'stickability' of front tyre, and speed into corners, and about the gross stupidity of following someone really closely, and then wondering why your mouth tastes of dirt all the time.

I can honestly say - and Teflonshoey did wonders on the rigid - that I gave the black pretty much everything, given the conditions. I think knowing it a little better, I might have a little more to give it, but there and then, I was pretty much teetering on the edge of my ability, and it felt pretty good... :)

Like Teflonshoey says, it was a testament to the quality of the trails and the work that they've done that there was almost no standing water, or boggy mud patches. It was just consistently rideable, well sign-posted, and a bloody good laugh.

I'm knackered this morning, mind... ;)

Back