A fat lip from a moth

I have had a large Dragonfly hit me in the eye whilst going fast downhill, that stung a bit. Plus they make a cool sound when they get caught up in your spokes.

wookiee":3ipzb17g said:
Most def! I have been in talks with Makster about another ride but I am on holiday from the 8th to the 24th Sept....

I have been meaning to get to a local meet, but something always gets in the way :facepalm:

Guy I rode with ended up with a broken collar bone after running over a badger.

Fingers crossed Bryan May isn't a Retrobiker.

Tad":27yeuxv4 said:
Guy I rode with ended up with a broken collar bone after running over a badger.

Fingers crossed Bryan May isn't a Retrobiker.

I like in the sticks and the thought a deer jumping out of the trees does worry me a little :shock:

widowmaker":avuzljlk said:
I saw this moth, (although it could have been a small bird or even a squirrel for that matter) out of the corner of my eye and them BLAM, the taste of blood :)

My only (recent) injury on a bike :)

That reminds me of a joke.

A vampire bat came flapping in from the night, his face covered in fresh blood and parked himself on the roof of the cave to get some sleep.
Pretty soon all the other bats smelt the blood and began hassling him about where he got it.
He told them to go way and let him get some sleep, but they persisted until he finally gave in.
"OK, follow me," he said and flew out of the cave with hundreds of bats behind him.
Down through a valley they went, across a river and into a forest of trees.
Finally he slowed down and all the other bats excitedly milled around him.
"Now, do you see that big black tree over there?" he asked.
"Yes, Yes, Yes!" the bats all screamed in a frenzy.
"Good!" said the first bat, "Coz I didn't!"

wookiee":2m3t0oxo said:
There is the reason I don't ride clip in pedals! Still have the "bearcage" toeclip setup! I have "stalled" too often on a steeper than expected hill! And also rammed into the back of a fellow rider with SPD's when they have done the stall themselves and bailed! (Ask PyroTim!)

I had unclipped most successfully, just you were following too close ;) Sorry for causing you to scratch the team

widowmaker":1ejo4d48 said:
Not a joke, recovering today from a HUGE moth hitting me right in the chops last night :shock: :shock: :shock: :p

Was going in excess of 35mph when this huge moth smacked me right in the 'jaggers' I have a nice fat lip now, the moth fared far worse its was obliterated on impact.

So my lips are tougher than a moth :cool:

Hate to hear and glad that you are okay but it's better than running into a moth ball. :shock:

Smithjss70":3ivhxgk8 said:
widowmaker":3ivhxgk8 said:
Not a joke, recovering today from a HUGE moth hitting me right in the chops last night :shock: :shock: :shock: :p

Was going in excess of 35mph when this huge moth smacked me right in the 'jaggers' I have a nice fat lip now, the moth fared far worse its was obliterated on impact.

So my lips are tougher than a moth :cool:

Hate to hear and glad that you are okay but it better than running into a moth ball. :shock:

True ;)

Pyro Tim":143awbnk said:
wookiee":143awbnk said:
There is the reason I don't ride clip in pedals! Still have the "bearcage" toeclip setup! I have "stalled" too often on a steeper than expected hill! And also rammed into the back of a fellow rider with SPD's when they have done the stall themselves and bailed! (Ask PyroTim!)

I had unclipped most successfully, just you were following too close ;) Sorry for causing you to scratch the team

Yeah fair doo's I was too close...which means you were going too slow! ;)

Back