'99 GT XCR-2000 I-Drive - Few Upgrades - Looking for Swaps

bubbagump1983

Retro Newbie
'99 GT XCR-2000 I-Drive

I've not long had this bike, I purchased it from the original owner from new, has the original paperwork and bill of sale (£1400), the bikes in amazing condition, hardly used, dry stored in warm outbuilding for most of its life, I've recently serviced the I-drive so is running sweet, as well as a full clean down and lube... I'm just not sure the bikes for me, not sure if its the colour or I prefer a hardtail, I had a beautiful custom blue hardtail GT that I built from the frame up that was sadly stolen, and I think this just does fill the missing part of my life lol... so would like to see what offers of swaps I could get?

Frame & Fork Frame
Construction TIG-welded Frame Tubing Material 6061 T6 aluminium
Fork Brand & Model Marzocchi Bomber Z-3 QR20, 4.0" travel Fork Material Aluminium (aftermarket decals)
Rear Shock Fox Air Vanilla Float, 4.6" travel

Components
Component Group Shimano Deore LX V-Brake brakes
Shimano Deore LX levers Shift Levers
Shimano Deore LX Front Derailleur
Shimano STX-RC top-swing Rear Derailleur
SRAM S600 Crankset (fitted 3 days ago, not shown in picture)
Shimano Deore LX, 22/32/44 teeth
Pedals DMR Platform (Upgrade over standard)
Bottom Bracket Shimano cartridge BB Shell Width 73mm
Cogs 9-speed, 11 - 32 teeth
Chain Shimano CN-HG72, 1/2 x 3/32"
Seatpost Aluminium micro-adjust
Saddle Charge Spoon (brand new) (Upgrade over standard)
Handlebar Race Face Next Carbon Fibre Bars (Fitted 3 days ago, not shown in picture)
Stem Race Face Evolve (Fitted 3 days ago, although the one pictured was another Race Face but only 2 bolts, I chose to go with a 4 bolt clamp on the carbon bars)
Headset 1 1/8" threadless Aheadset

Wheels
Hubs
Front: GT through-axle Q/R
Rear: Shimano Deore LX
Rims Mavic X221, 32-hole
Tires 26 x 2.10" WTB Enduro Raptor
Spoke Brand Stainless steel, 2.0mm butted Spoke
Nipples Brass nipples

Miscellaneous
Grips Lizard Skins Peaty (used for 1 ride)
Chainstay Protector Lizard Skins
Bag Topeak Under Seat Bag

IMG_0682.jpg

IMG_0684.jpg

IMG_0686.jpg

Who fancies a swap then? Try me.. otherwise I'd be asking for around £375 for it, I'm in Essex by the way...

Gaz

Bump

Now updated, added some new parts at the weekend: Race Face Next Carbon bars, SRAM S600 crankset and Race Face Evolve steam, so the price has increased a little due to added these bits... also removed the fork decals (as they were aftermarket), will be sourcing some original designs but in lime green.

Quite liking the bike now.. so may actually keep it.. but try me with the swaps as I still feel as the colour is not me, so if I keep it I will be stripping it over the winter I think.

Re:

adding those bits even though i think are an upgrade will probably make the bike less likely to sale. i think maybe you dont really want to part with it because if you did you probably wouldnt spend money upgrading it. either way its a cool little green machine :D

Back