'98 Marin Team DH F.R.S - Finished!

Cheers! Really starting to gel with it, the 10 speed Zee stuff is excellent and crazy quiet. Managed to wreck my rear tube today without a replacement, so a tubeless conversion is on the cards.

a710dfad-1ba2-4bd6-b13f-45b342aea8b8_zpsa57b7c79.jpg

New project soon (eBay is my weakness).

Is that just a Marin DH F.R.S frame set tho ?
I see there was a frame set kicking about on ebay awhile ago.
The DH F.R.S frame set was more commonly sold than the proper factory Marin Team DH which was very expensive at over £3000 , i have a real original rare one in mint condition :D
Heres is some pics for your own reference ;)

Cheers Loxy! Mr Pedigree, it is (or perhapsI should say was) a proper team, I have original docs from Marin for it and it retains the Vanilla TC which I think was just an OEM RC and not supplied with the frames. I think there's pictures of it somewhere on here before it was stripped by the guy I bought it from (it wasn't very original IIRC). Yours looks good, I love the Carbon X-verts, it needs a FIzik Nisene though (I bought mine without realising it was the original choice, but mine's TI since this is a weight weenie build ;) ).Speclist:

Frame: Marin Team DH F.R.S
Fork: Marzocchi Bomber 55 ATA
Shock: Fox Vanilla TC
Headset: Crank Brothers Opium DH
Stem: Sunline V-one 65mm
Handlebar: Answer Pro Taper AM 720
Grips: ESI Chunky

Brakes: Formula RX
Brake Pads: Sintered front, Organic rear
Brake Rotors: Ashima Airotor 180mm
Brake Cables: Braided
Brake Guide: Hope

Shifter: Shimano Zee M640
Chain Guide: MRP 1X
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Zee M640
Derailleur Cables: Shimano
Cassette: Shimano SLX HG81
Chain: Sram 1051 w/ KMC Quicklink
Cranks: Race Face Northshore DH 170mm
Crank Bolts: Truvativ
Chainrings: One23 34T
Chainring bolts: I.D single
Bottom Bracket: Truvativ GigaPipe
Pedals: DMR V8

Hub Skewers: Marzocchi / Hope
Rims: Mavic Crossmax ST / D521 Ceramic
Hubs: Mavic Crossmax ST / Shimano Deore M510
Tyres: Geax Lobo Loco 2.3/ Maxxis Minion DH R SuperTacky
Tubes: Not for long

Saddle: Fizik Nisene Ti
Seatpost: Race Face Evolve DH
Seatpost Binder: X-Lite

Weight: Plenty

Mine has now gone today/been sold ,i was bid very strong money for it from someone that had seen my video of the bike on youtube,it was an offer i couldn't refuse at £525 and they paid for the courier to so it was like making £600 :)
I must say tho :cry: its was the best original one i eva see ,it even had the original handle bar grips .
Even tho i sold it for great dough i will miss it , i had one back in the late 1990s and it was a much better bike than the plastic GT STS i had that was always breaking something :roll:

Back