98 Cannondale F2000 - Is it worth it?

Thanks all - I took the plunge like Markoc - to scratch the itch. Will let you know how it goes. I still owe everyone a thread on the Ritchey P-21 which is now finished - so after that I guess :rolleyes:
IMG_0633.jpeg

I had an f2000 from new and i liked the lockout on the top of the fork. What i didn't like was the bike felt like it wasn't tracking straight when the fork was locked out. Suspended it felt ok, tracking wise, but to get it to react to small bumps meant it went through the travel very quickly on anything else.

I never got it checked for straightness and i sold it to a mate who thought it rode ok. I didn't like it all.

i had nearly 50 at one point ( worked at cannondale dealer for 10 years ) they all work well if looked after, but the issue thats happening is spares are getting harder to find. i took an easier route and bought an f600 as it had the coil headshock, basic service and keep going. ive still got it (framset) in large if your intrested and its in team colours.

Many thanks, I hope it is. It only has 15 or 25mm of travel. Where's the valve located to add air?

Take the front wheel off and look under the headtube, there should be a valve there - ideally it'll have a valve cover or you're going to need to clean out a load of dirt. Should be a shrader, and you'll need a shock pump obvs. There used to be a table of pressure/rider weight on the internet somewhere - try www.cannondaleanswers.com

Before putting air in it, when it's not locked out you should be able to extend and compress the fork pretty easily, and that'll let you know if any of the bearings are lumpy. It's not impossible to regrease them (or replace) but it's a bit of a faff.

Back