'98/99 Litespeed OBED With Look Fournales

Thanks guys, I'm really glad you like it :D Particularly you Jack, I know you weren't feeling these forks on the litespeed at first. Here are some pictures of the new decals Click them for larger and let me know what you think!

As you own a Klein and a Litespeed, can you help me with the reason why Kleins are concidered to be one of the ulitmate collectable and most loved and highly sought after bikes here on Retrobike and thus commanding huge prices, where as the Litespeed receives little to no love on here, is not seen as collectable and thus sells for a lot less than a Klein.

You ride and own both, is this justified and is the Klein so much better in every way? :?

shaun":10ro8hes said:
As you own a Klein and a Litespeed, can you help me with the reason why Kleins are concidered to be one of the ulitmate collectable and most loved and highly sought after bikes here on Retrobike and thus commanding huge prices, where as the Litespeed receives little to no love on here, is not seen as collectable and thus sells for a lot less than a Klein.

You ride and own both, is this justified and is the Klein so much better in every way? :?

haha sure, that one's easy

Gary Klein > GOD (Jkay real reason below)

It's the paint

Klein's are beautiful even if you know jack squat about bikes.

Litespeed looks cheap or ugly to anybody who doesn't know anything about bikes (and some who do...) my non cycling friend still gives me sh*t for buying my "ugly cheap pos" Litespeed... but he drools over the Klein

I love both bikes, and partially bought the Litespeed so that I wouldn't thrash on the Klein as much.... but they're both amazing bikes. The Litespeed doesn't catch random non-cyclists eye like the Klein though. The other differences come down to component choice... between the bikes, the Klein is a little lighter and a little higher end on most components, but that has nothing to do with it being a Klein (the frame might be a little lighter).

I used to be OBSESSED with Kleins (I have 2... and have had a few more at my house from time to time) but worrying about the paint adds stress. I go whomp on my Litespeed and it's no worries fun.... I don't CARE if my front tire is picking up gravel and throwing it at the down tube!

All this being said once both bikes had Look Fournales it has been very hard to pick which bike to ride... but the Litespeed wound up with the clipless pedals if that tells you anything ;)

...VERY good answer! :cool:

Both bikes thus make a perfect collection, the Klein as bike 'art' to drool over, and the Litespeed to just ride for self satisfaction and durability.

I was at the Retroride on Saturday and there were several beautiful Kleins there being ridden hard, they looked beautiful, but on close inspection the chipped linnier fade paint looked a little bit worrying and would bother me a lot. :shock:

I prefer understated function over fancy paint, so its the Litespeed for me every time. ;)

shaun":2pkbc3uj said:
...VERY good answer! :cool:

Both bikes thus make a perfect collection, the Klein as bike 'art' to drool over, and the Litespeed to just ride for self satisfaction and durability.

I prefer understated function over fancy paint, so its the Litespeed for me every time. ;)

Thanks I really appreciate it, I definitely enjoy them both plenty. I'll have some ride pics up soon. :cool:

Back