94 Ozone Oxygen reduced price.

KJD MK1

Devout Dirtbag
After much mulling over I have decided to put my Ozone up for sale.
I have owned this bike from new, I bought it from Ozone in Malvern where it was made as a frame only and built it myself to the spec I wanted. For anyone that does not know these British hand build bikes are quite rare only one or two have them on here that I know of so you are unlikely to come across many others. It certainly turns heads thats for sure.

I'm just not using it anymore and its just sat doing nothing, I also am trying to raise funds for a road bike, its been a big part of my life but now is the time

I used this bike for around 6 years then got married, it was then hung in my garage for many years until around 18 months ago when I decided to recommission it. I stripped it all down cleaned everything and put it all back together, everything came apart no problem as I used anti seize on everything at the time of the build thinking ahead at the time.
I had to replace the elastomer's in the forks as they had rotted so I sourced locally a steel spring conversion which seems to do the job.
Everything on the bike is of that period, the parts were all purchased new at the time and it hit the trails in early 95 after taking around 6 months to build.

This one is a 17" frame I think, it measures approx 17" from the centre of the bottom bracket to the top of the top tube and around 18" or so to the top of the seat tube. The frame itself is clear anodized with the original decals, it has never been welded, repaired or damaged in any way and apart from some minor marks is in remarkable condition. It also comes with factory Crud Catcher mounting points on the down tube.
I also remember having some 1-1/8 reducers pressed into the head tube to take the 1-1/8 steerer of the forks.

While out riding last winter the braking surface of the rear wheel gave way as it had become thin so I took the time to have the wheels completely rebuilt on Mavic 317 rims as close as I could get to the OE ones and the Hope Ti hubs were stripped and rebuild with new bearings. The wheels have done around 10 miles since so are as new.

All the gears, brakes and everything else are in great condition and work fine, its ready to be used and loved by another.

Please see this like to some more info on the bike from a Mag feature when they first came out.

viewtopic.php?p=904807&highlight=#904807

The spec.

Frame. Ozone Oxygen
Fork. Manitou 3
Headset YST
Wheels. Mavic 317 rims S/S double butted spokes Hope Ti Hubs
Chain set XTR
Shifters XT Thumbs
B Bracket XTR
F&R Mec XT
Seat post X lite
Seat Filte Ti
Bars Marin lite
Stem Club Roost I beam
Brakes Diacomp 987
Levers X Lite
Bar Ends Control Tec
Cables XTR
Pedals Spd's of that period.

I seem to remember the full bike being around 22lbs

Currently the bike has a pair of risers fitted and flat pedals as I was using it for collecting my Sunday paper but these can easily be reversed as I have the originals ready to go back on.

Price,
I don't know how to value it TBH but I'm looking for £300 for the complete bike, has to be Worth that surely.

Some pics.

OzoneMTB001.jpg

OzoneMTB008.jpg

OzoneMTB013.jpg

OzoneMTB006.jpg

OzoneMTB003.jpg

OzoneMTB004.jpg

OzoneMTB005.jpg

OzoneMTB007.jpg

OzoneMTB009.jpg

OzoneMTB010.jpg

OzoneMTB011.jpg

OzoneMTB012.jpg

Any question please ask, I've tried to remember everything as best as I can.

If anyone is interested please e mail or PM where I can drop you my phone number if you want to discuss further.

Thanks

Good luck with the sale Kev, gutted as I thought this was a 16".

I thought that there was my wifes new bike and a stable mate to my Oxygen.

Ooh sooooo tempted though......

Ozone":1u2kgnbf said:
Good luck with the sale Kev, gutted as I thought this was a 16".

I thought that there was my wifes new bike and a stable mate to my Oxygen.

Ooh sooooo tempted though......

Lol...... Thanks.

I don't remember the frame size but going on the measurements I'd say it's a 17"

Be very tempted ;)

Back